3 Ford Rangers at the Rally Paris-Dakar | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

3 Ford Rangers at the Rally Paris-Dakar

donkey boy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rome, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 WJ
I don't know if the rally Paris-Dakar is well known here in the USA. For Europe, it is the Rally Raid event every year, similar to the Baja 1000 here. There are cars (T1=stock; T2=modified; T3=prototypes), motorbikes and trucks participating.

The rally started on January 1st in Paris and will end on January 21st in Dakar. If you are interested in more information in English :D , click on http://www.eurosport.com

There are also three Ford Rangers in the T3 class (prototyps) of the A.S.M. raceteam participating:
- Nr. 206 Philippe Wambergue / Philippe Ray
- Nr. 225 Bruno Saby (won the Paris-Dakar some years back with Mitsubishi) / Thierry Della-Zotti
- Nr. 247 Eric Vigouroux / Marcel Micquiaux

Unluckily, I have no pics nor information regarding the Rangers. As for now, they are not doing too well; Bruno is 67th, Eric 87th and Philippe 91st of 98 cars remaining in the race. Philippe is a world class rally driver, I guess he had some technical difficulties for being so far back; also Bruno should be able to do better. Anyhow, this is the result after 3 small stages in Europe; the "real thing" starts tomorrow in Marocco/North Africa.

<

Peter Weber

Reaction score
City, State
Simi Valley, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Michael

Do you get SpeedVision? Here is their program schedule:

The Dakar Rally – Monday thru Friday, 8pm ET, 9pm PT January 15 – 26 (except January 19, 10pm ET, 11pm PT)

<

donkey boy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rome, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 WJ
Thanks for the info!

Unluckily, I don't get speedvision. The package with speedvision would cost me $10 more a month, which is way too much for the little time I spend watching TV. And anyhow, my TV gets monoplized every evening from 7 to 10 PM by tele-novelas (Latin American soap-operas) :D

<

donkey boy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rome, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 WJ
Ranger on 8th place overall

Just a short up-date from the motor sport world outside the United States (yes, there is a world outside the U.S., like there are other states outside of Texas :D )

After the 8th stage, Bruno Saby was in his Ford Ranger excellent 8th overall . The other 2 Rangers were on the 50th and 59 th place. Now that the real stuff started in Africa, the Rangers are catching up.

<