• Register Today It's free!

3 in BL

ExplorerX91

Reaction score
City, State
Yakima, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XL
I just ordered my 3 in BL off ebay, its a performance accessory BL. This will be my first mod towards my suspension, i also plan on getting the SOA conversion but thats another story. Anyways i wanted to know what else I'm going to need to do the lift. I will most likely have 1 or more friends help me out and some of them are expierenced but can i get soem advice from somebody that has already installed a 3 in BL.

soak everything a day ahead. have an extra vehicle in case stuff goes wrong. be patient. have beer.....

.......USE SEARCH BUTTON.......

.....there are SEVERAL other people asking the same questions right now and i am giving them the same advice i am giving you. there have been many a thread on this before (as i have learned). feel free to do a search of my user name and the words "gone sour" for my BL thread.

every once in a while, someone comes up with new problems, or ones that are hard to find the answer to...thats why i started mine. if you come up with a new issue, i would love to try and help but please read up first...it will solve many problems before they start.

I used the same kit that you mention.

Get a good quality breaker bar, even a cheater pipe may be needed.

Propane torch to loosen the threadlock on your body bolts.

Definitely a second vehicle. Unless you planned perfectly, you will need to run to the autoparts store at least once for something. Or at least to get more beer.

Have fun. Be patient. My bolts came off fairly easily but a lot of people dont have that luck.

Originally posted by tomblin1
I used the same kit that you mention.

Get a good quality breaker bar, even a cheater pipe may be needed.

Propane torch to loosen the threadlock on your body bolts.

Definitely a second vehicle. Unless you planned perfectly, you will need to run to the autoparts store at least once for something. Or at least to get more beer.

Have fun. Be patient. My bolts came off fairly easily but a lot of people dont have that luck.

1) a pipe did the trick for me, but has to be thick...broke mine and had to borrow the neighbors.

2) this was the biggest mistake i made because i didnt know what threadlock was let alone how to work with it.

3) "auto parts run"...i had over 10 trips to the dealer, not to mention sears hardware. many parts had to be special ordered. an $89 body lift ran me well over $400 by the time i got done!

4) patience is key, and good luck amigo.

Back