• Register Today It's free!

3 inch body lift 99

hagenberries7

Reaction score
City, State
Murphy, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLS
I just got a 99 xls 4x4 and i was wondering if they make a 2 or 3 inch body lift for that year and model. ive been looking around and i havent had any luck in finding one. any help wuld be nice thanks. Matt Hagen

You can start off with a set of Warrior Shckles for the back... +1-2"
Then an add-a-leaf... +1"
Twist the Torsion Bars up 1.5" to level it out a little.
You can also put a 4" Trail master lift.

A 3" Performance Products Body Lift.
Performance Accessories makes a series of 3" bodylifts for the 95-01 Rangers. The Ranger is identical to the Explorer from the cab forward so these kits will work on Explorers. Performance Accessories produces two kits, one for 95-97's and one for 98-01's. The main difference with these kits is the steering extension and bumper brackets. The 98-01 kit will work on ALL 95-01 Explorers with the exception of the steering extension on 95-97's. Here's the catch, you need the steering extension from the 95-97 kit for 95-97's, but the 95-97 kit does not have the correct bumper lift brackets so after a few hit and misses we found it easier to order the 98-01 kit and then specify that you need the 95-97 extension. When purchasing your bodylift kit, order the 98-00 kit #883. If you have a 95-97, make sure you exchange the 98-00 steering extension for the 95-97 extension. The extensions are very different and cannot be interchanged so make sure you specify which one you need.

Performance Accessories makes excellent kits and are top of the line. Installation time averages around 8 hrs with help from a few friends. The kit price is around $130 which is the cheapest 3" lift around. If you are looking for some lift and on a budget then this is the way to go.

SplashMan said:
You can start off with a set of Warrior Shckles for the back... +1-2"

Just wondering but why not use blocks?

cause the springs are under the axel if he used blocks it would lower the truck

Ryan

Back