• Register Today It's free!

3 inch body lift and TT/Shackles.

LoganD

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99
I'm planning on doing both a 3 inch body lift and a Torrsion twist/shackle combination for around 5 inches of lift. Which would be better to do first? I was thinking TT and shackles, since it would be easiest.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Uhmmm... what size tires are you planning on running after you lift it? 33s I imagine. So, that being said... you won't be able to clear those tires with just the TT. Get your tires, do the BL and TT, and be done with it. Why would it matter what order you do it in?

haha I'm not sure bro, I'm new to all of this so I'm just trying to get a handle on things. and yeah I am planning on running 33's.

I would do cheap first, get the shackles, install them. Depending on your truck, those rear leaf spring bolts might be an adventure.

Then do torsion twist.

Purchase body lift, and begin the project. Buy your tires at the same time. Once the bodylift is on, drive to tire shop and have tires changed.

Voila. :)

yeah the explorer's been an Ohio car most of its life so I've already started sendin' up prayers about it haha

Back