3 Inch Body Lift on 95 Sport 5-Speed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3 Inch Body Lift on 95 Sport 5-Speed

clowwny

Reaction score
City, State
Fall River, Ma.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer Sport
OK i own a 1995 Ex. 5-Speed 2-Wheel Drive. I want a 3 Inch Body lift, SO I CAN FIT 33's!!! I got TT Shackle Crap
now and my tires are soooo small. I was just gonna get 31s but i want 33s... AND I WANT MORE HIGHT!!! I got the
pics of what i used to look like dropped.....

3 Months Ago DROPED!
NEW3.JPG

Got in to accident lost my bumper and lifted it back up
DID shackles in rear and torsion in the front (not in pics)
new1.jpg

new2.jpg

Ordered new bumper.... i want a 3 inch lift too. WHERE DO I GO FOR MY LIFT??? WHAT KIT DO I GET??? CAN I DO
THIS MYSELF??? NO WELDING AND SH*T?? I AM PRETTY GOOD WITH CARS AND STUFF... IF I JUST HAVE TO ADD
LIKE SHIFTER EXTENTIONS AND STUFF IM OK, BUT IF I HAVE TO START WORYING ABOUT STEARING LINKAGE
WORKING AND WHAT NOT.... WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??? can a 3 inch body lift be done on my truck???
I HOPE SO!! if not will a 2 inch work with 33s??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok First of all you Can get a 3" BL for your Truck!
You have to order it from a Vendor somewhere, there
are a few that can get it, but which can get you a cheaper price? Second, You ca Install it in your Drive
way, or find a Garage to use and do it there. (If you want you can come to my Parents house, we can do it
there(Near Lowell MA) This way I can get practice before I do the same thing to mine! We have an Abouve Ground lift in the Garage, Air Compressor, and a Wide array of hand tools.

As far as I know there is No Welding needed to be done. Its all Bolt on! You will need a Shifter Extension, Since you have the 5-Speed. And then there are 2 1/2 bolts that you have to purchase since you basically destroy the old ones getting them out.....

$123.95 3" lift kit for a 95-97 Ranger #853 from Nat'l Tire & Wheel 1-800-847-3287
$ 25.95 83-00 Ranger Manual Transmission Shifter Ext. #3700 from Nat'l Tire & Wheel 1-800-847-3287
$ 27.26 883 brackets 883-1(Left) & 883-4(right) for a 98 Ranger from Performance Accesories 1-520-636-0979
----------
$177.16 (Not Counting Shipping Costs)

Can you do me a Favor?
Can you Measure how wide is the opening in the Front Frame Rails? is it 3" 4" or somewhere in between? (Behind the plate that bolts to the bumper)

let me know in more detail what u want me to measure?? i dont have a bumper on there at all right now.... waiting for it... HEY I MIGHT TAKE YA UP ON THAT OFFER!! ill let ya know. =P thanks alot i am ordering all that stuff next week

I would like for you to measure the inside opening of the frame on both sides, as shown below.

Red= Bumper mounting plate
Black=Frame

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 511

I did a 2" lift on my 96 last winter and spent around $150 for everything. As I recall, I ran into a few problems..

1. The bolts in the kit were to short and the wrong thread pitch (need to be metric but I forget the exact pitch). I think I spent $15 on bolts at NAPA...

2. The female end of the shifter extension was to small and need some filing to get it to fit.

3. The steering extension was not designed for my application...period. I had a hard time getting the steering together without the extension and I will need to get my steering shaft extended in the near future.

4. The fan shroud hits the upper radiator hose once the body is lifted. You will need to cut all but 1 of the mounting tabs off the shroud to get it to fit.

5. The bumper brackets in the kit do not work.

You can get the front bumper brackets for a 98 ranger 3" lift kit. I was told they work pretty well. I bought them for the 2" lift I'm gonna be putting on on Sun. I'll let you know how they go.

Back