3 Months - 3600 Trouble Free Miles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3 Months - 3600 Trouble Free Miles

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
We have now owned our 2020 ST for 3 months and 3600 miles. I am pleased to report that there have been zero issues to report. It's never been back to the dealership, and there are no issues requiring attention.

A couple weeks ago we had a large rock shatter our windshield. I had it replaced by a local glass installer who has done all my glass work for years. With the original windshield my wiper blades would streak, especially on the passenger side. I had bought new Bosch Blades, but never installed them before the windshield was replaced. Since installing the new windshield the factory installed blades do not streak at all. It appears that the factory installed windshield was wavy and not as flat as it should be.

We are averaging 19+ miles to the gallon, which isn't too bad considering the power and the weight of the vehicle.

My biggest gripe is that my Android phone cannot connect wirelessly. It seems I am always behind the tech curve with our vehicles, no matter how "cutting edge".:banghead:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ha, you just jinxed yourself!

What brand windshield was put in? An OEM Ford?

Ha, you just jinxed yourself!

What brand windshield was put in? An OEM Ford?

It's an XYG windshield. It had the correct mounting points for all of the behind mirror stuff on the ST. It is labeled as acoustic and solar. We had the original windshield such a short time that I never took the time to run my hand over the glass to see if I could feel any waves. I could definitely feel that the factory windshield on our 2004 Mach 1 was wavey. Once it was replaced with an aftermarket piece it was flat as it should be.

The windshield was my suspicion when all the posts about bad wipers started coming in. Bad Wiper Blades?

Peter

We have now owned our 2020 ST for 3 months and 3600 miles. I am pleased to report that there have been zero issues to report. It's never been back to the dealership, and there are no issues requiring attention.

A couple weeks ago we had a large rock shatter our windshield. I had it replaced by a local glass installer who has done all my glass work for years. With the original windshield my wiper blades would streak, especially on the passenger side. I had bought new Bosch Blades, but never installed them before the windshield was replaced. Since installing the new windshield the factory installed blades do not streak at all. It appears that the factory installed windshield was wavy and not as flat as it should be.

We are averaging 19+ miles to the gallon, which isn't too bad considering the power and the weight of the vehicle.

My biggest gripe is that my Android phone cannot connect wirelessly. It seems I am always behind the tech curve with our vehicles, no matter how "cutting edge".:banghead:
We have had our 2020 Limited for four months now. Almost 10,000 miles and no problems yet. Coming from a 2019 Chrysler Pacifica whith problems from day one with no resolutions. Much happier with our Explorer. Still miss the sliding doors though.

Damn, i have roughly the same miles but i have owned the EX about 8 months now lol.

Has been trouble free, meaning never left be stranded (knock on wood!!) however small hiccups and annoyances are building each week. It's turning out to be not one of the best leases i did. And i have done a lot.

Idk if i'm coming back on the next lease :(

I have a 2020 Platinum that I took delivery on back in Nov. of 2019. I have about 12,000 miles on it, don't drive it a lot due to Covid crap. About 3 months ago I also had the windshield replace due to an impact near the top center which eventually cased the crack to migrate down and across the drivers side. Safelight did the job, very happy with their work, I had them put an OEM brand windshield in, all is great. The only issue I had was with the driver's seat module it was replace after re-programming did not correct the seat driving forward instead of rearward with the easy exit enabled. I love the power and technology.

Back