3 officers Shot in Bham | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

3 officers Shot in Bham

Gatorblazer

Reaction score
City, State
Moody, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer, 09 Mazda 5
Officer dead, second injured in shooting
Fairfield police officer Mary Smith, who had been with the force for two months after retiring from a 25-year career at the Birmngham Police Department, was shot to death this morning, officials said.

A second officer was injured in the shooting but his condition was not known.

The shooting happened during a traffic stop at 5323 Avenue H in Fairfield.

Two or three suspects were involved and at least one was believed in custody.

The Alabama Bureau of Investigation was leading the investigation.
http://www.al.com/birminghamnews/br...a_bhamnews_break/archives/2006_10.html#197547

Unbelievable! My heart goes out to them.

It pisses me off that the county will not approve the pay raise for PO's. I think this is the reason why they should be payed more. They deal with this daily.

SHELIA SMOOTE, LARRY LANGFORD, FAIRFILED IS NOT SAFE. PAY YOUR OFFICERS MORE AND YOU WILL GET MORE PO's WHO WILL DEAL WITH YOUR GANG PROBLEM!

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Abom

Reaction score
City, State
Whitehorse, Yukon Territories
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 4X4
Any word on why they opened fire to begin with ?

Gatorblazer

Reaction score
City, State
Moody, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer, 09 Mazda 5
The call was for a suspicious vehicle in the area. Both officers arrived at the same time. Mary Smith was calling in a tag number when she was shot. They think that she just happened to be right in front of a robbery in progress, and that the people just freaked out and started shooting.

Its great to see Vestavia, BHam, Mt. Brook, and Hoover all helping out in the manhunt. That brotherhood is awesome.