3"Suspension, 3"body ,and 285/75s :D | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3"Suspension, 3"body ,and 285/75s :D

RoadBully

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Saint John, NB
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLS '02
Got the body lift done, I'll write a better thread with some better pics when I get a chance... here's the first few pics I took.

Picture026-1.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Ben.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks sweet!!! do you have any before pics? just for comparison great job on the body lift.

stock
Picture016.jpg

3 inch springs and rims/tires
Picture024-1.jpg

springs, tires/rims, body lift.
Picture025.jpg

Looks very good! Job well done..

That is one mean looking Ex!

That looks amazing!!! Glad you got it done. I'm looking forward to some dirty truck pics soon!!!

That looks amazing!!! Glad you got it done. I'm looking forward to some dirty truck pics soon!!!
I had her nice and muddy yesterday, but washed it before I got a pic, I'll make sure to get some pics next time. ;)

Ben, I can't wait to do the body lift on my '98. These trucks, all 3 gen, look soo good with lift and tires. And I love to see all the guys on the board that use these for more than soccer practice!! Go ExplorerForum!!!

Your truck looks great. Have you done anything to the drive train? What axel do you have in the rear? ( open, LSD, what gears? )

You are a mad man! :) Excellent!

Ben, I can't wait to do the body lift on my '98. These trucks, all 3 gen, look soo good with lift and tires. And I love to see all the guys on the board that use these for more than soccer practice!! Go ExplorerForum!!!

Your truck looks great. Have you done anything to the drive train? What axel do you have in the rear? ( open, LSD, what gears? )

Stock CV's in the rear, and I haven't touched the pumpkin.
So far everything is holding up well with the oversized tires, and she has no problem flinging mud. :thumbsup:

Your truck looks silly man!! WOW.. I am impressed.

More pics though... from the side. That last pic makes it look like the rear is a solid 3" higher than the front.

Your truck looks silly man!! WOW.. I am impressed.

More pics though... from the side. That last pic makes it look like the rear is a solid 3" higher than the front.

haha, I'm not sure I want to have a "silly" looking truck, but I'll take some more pics in the morning.

looks sick!!! nice job:thumbsup:

Looks good man, but you need bigger tires now...Just kidding! I like the look of a fuller wheel well and less frame, but it looks good. I'm partial to the pictures with just the 3" springs w/ wheels and tires, but that is just me.

I know that I checked in via pm for the heights after the springs, but what are you looking at for measurements now (looking for step up for getting in the door in particular)? What are your plans for it now?

I like... :thumbsup: But, how am I suppose to keep up with that?:eek: I think now I am truly Mini Me. Have you taken it offroad? Does it handle well, or does it feel less stable?

looks great man, did the trailer hitch come up with everything or how did that work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, so here's some pics, Before, after springs, after body lift.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg