• Register Today It's free!

302 motor mounts

cole01

Reaction score
City, State
Dryden
Year, Model & Trim Level
1986 Bronco 2
has anyone used 1/4 plate for motor mounts for a 302 conversion? if so does anyone have measurments.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yep. But... the measurements depend on your specific vehicle, what V6 mounts you are using, and how far back you want the motor to be.

I don't recommend the V6 mounts.. at least not used ones... it's like bolting it to jello... I'd use fox body mustang convertible mounts instead.

2.9 motor mounts, want to put motor back as far as possible

should the motor sit as level as possible or down at the back alittle, i have some plates made already, the problem is that i heard u can put a bw1356 or 1345 between the frame rails but a need at least 3 inch to put it in , i have a 302/c6 combo but no tcase, and can i use the carb to get the motor level any help would be great

You may want to take into consideration the angle of your transfer to rear axle drive shaft angle also.

whats the best ? level or not ? i also have a dana 44 hp narrowed front solid axle and a ford 9 inch rear, the rear is turned up alittle

If you have a drive shaft with one universal in the front and one in the back then you would want the engine or transfer/tranny pointing down a little.

If you run a double cardan in the transfer end of you drive shaft then the engine straight. Check out the link. It also has a pic of that double cardan as opposed to the standard drive shaft angle.

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/angle.ivnu

Also don't forget to leave space between right hand valve cover and heater box. This space even gets smaller when you start leaning the engine down.

Thanks for all your help, Ill check it out tomorrow. great site to get information.

can you use's the same tran. when putting a 302 in the place of a 2.9

Can I use's the same transmishion when I replace my 2.9 with a 302

lol... why would u want to use a A4LD with a 302? go C6 w/ AOD or if u can find a crown vic around 87' and snagg an eaglebird .. those are stout!

Back