302 swap questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

302 swap questions

Bootless

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer 4x4
So I'm swapping in a 302 c6 np205 combo and am looking for cheap motor mounts I can't afford James Duff out advance adapters and can any one tell me if the c6 will even fit in this thing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since no one has responded I will try. First of all, I'm not even sure if a c6 will bolt up to a 302. Have you checked on that? Maybe advance adapters can help you? C6's were usually with 351W's and bigger engines, I think.

As far as physically fit under the truck, here again, I do not have experience with the 302+c6. I can tell you on that usually with an AOD, and no body lift, you might have to flatten a body flange on the transmission tunnel to get the converter housing to fit on the AOD. Sometimes guys do a body lift just gain a little more clearance in the tunnel and by the pan.

If you want to keep it cheap, you can use the 4.0L rubber mounts with steel plate to the engine.

I used foxbody mustang convertible motor mounts for a 5.0. I had to drill new holes in the frame, but the engine sits great with the motor mounts. They are very cheap too.

Yes, I did swap sides.

Back