31's on stock 91 sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

31's on stock 91 sport

Hello everyone! I've got a stock '91 sport. Will 31 X 10.50 R15 fit without rubbing? Also, will 31 x 10.50 R15's's fit on the stock rims? Are the stock rims seven or eight inches wide? Much obliged for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should be able to fit 31x10.5s on your stock rims with no lift. I've heard of a couple of people having a little bit of rubbing. You could get Shackles and coil spacers to get 2" of lift. Use the search feature and you'll find alot of info. Welcome to the site. :)

I wouldn't put 31's on it if you plan on driving it at all...lol :) I have almost the same truck and I had to put 2" of lift on it to fit 31's. Now I have 6" and 33's. You might pull it off if you want to put a 1" body lift on it. The tires will fit on the factory wheels fine. You also have 7" rims. Good luck :)

thanks for the advice . . . would 30's even fit, or should i just stick to stock unless I lift it? thanks again!

I have 29's on mine and they fit great,and make the truck look beefier:D

Originally posted by jasonscottw
thanks for the advice . . . would 30's even fit, or should i just stick to stock unless I lift it? thanks again!

30x9.5s should fit fine with no rubbing

30's fit great and make a huge improvement over stock. They also don't hurt your power at all, if you have 3.73 gears or larger.

31X9.5's fit fine on my 93 w/ no rubbing, no luft

make that no lift

The stock rims are 7" wide. I'm running 265/70-15 on my 1st gen with no rubbing, which falls between a 30x9.5 and 31x10.5. I don't think 31x9.5 is very popular.

Im running 31 10.50 with VERY MINIMAL rubbing only at full turn.... and i have No lift

PEACE

Back