31's or 32's? I DONT KNOW | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

31's or 32's? I DONT KNOW

im contemplating either gettin 31 x 10.5 or 32 x 11.5 tires for my future explorer. it will be a 96 xlt v8 AWD. i will prolly only do the torsion bar twist and warrior shackles for a lift. i want my truck to look kinda big, and i think if i got the 31's id want bigger, so i was thinkin about the 32's... but i was concerned about the power/ performance loss i would get from them. i dont want to change the gears or anyitng. (by the way, what gears usually come in the 96 xlt v8?) so im torn between the 31's and 32's. im open to all suggestions and opinions. thanks!

P.S.- there will prolly be some triming necessary for the 32's, where/what would i have to trim?

P.P.S- if you have pics of your 32's could you please post them... it seems that i only have pics of 31's or 33's. what do the 32's look like?>??

hey boatsrcool, i noticed that you have the 32'' BFG AT/ KO's witht he eagle 589 rims. thats the set up that i would want with the 32's. i think it looks really good on your truck, but you have a bigger lift than i will have. how are they workin out for you? do they handle well? thanks

(i am 15 too)

Look on the driver's door for the code and check that against the owner's manual for your gear ratio. Another way is to look at the tag on the rear pumpkin.

32" is nice and I have seen one '96/97 Explorer with 32" and the torsion twist and it looks good.

You should have either a 3.73 or 4.10 on a V-8, if you have a tow package. If you have 4.10, you've got it made. If you have 3.73 and a V-8, you should be ok also, lose a little bit of pick up and hill climb ability but overall driveability would be fine.

hey could u post some pics

thanks

Back