31x10.50s on 15x7s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

31x10.50s on 15x7s

I did a search but found nothing.........Im going to put 31x10.50s on my AR 15x7 rims. What would be the difference between the rims and putting them on 15x8s? Would it make the outside diameter taller? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not much difference when talking about 31s. A different backspacing would set the tires out farther or closer to the truck, but x7 or x8 isn't a bit change for 31x10.50s.

Thanks. I wasnt sure if 31x10.50s would be taller on 15x7s than 31x10.50s on 15x8s. Thanks.

From seing a Tacoma and a 4Runner Parked next to each other at work, both with 31 BFG AT KO's... The Tacoma had wider rims and the 4Runner's factory 7" rims looked better. The Tacoma's tires seemed shorter as the sidewalls stuck out further than the tread. With a 31" tire, I guess it won't make that much of a difference, but I thought the 4Runner's setup looked noticeably better, meaner, taller, etc. He also had brand new tires vs. semi worn tires on the Tacoma...

I hope these look good.......Im going to have the new tires on within the next 3-4 weeks!

7" rims will cause a little premature wear due to the fact that it'll round out the tire. Drop your air pressure slightly and rotate often will avoid this. They do look great with the sidewall buldge. Looks meaner.

With your stock sys you might get a little inner fender rub. Mine only rubbed after hard offroad.

31's on 15x7's will be just fine... I never had, or worried about premature wear.... Just throw em on and you'll be fine :rolleyes:

Back