• Register Today It's free!

31X10.50s on stock wheels.

bikeboarder

Reaction score
City, State
Spokane,WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie Bauer, 92 XLT
I have some 31s and my dad thinks i will have ware problems on the center of the tire and thinks it will be "unsafe" to have on there.
I know the tires are wider then the wheels but is this an issue?
I already bought the tires and i got a killer deal. $150 for A/T with 100 miles on them.
thanks for the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

should be no prob...i've seen ppl use 32's on stock wheels....even more

what are his issues? tires are supposed to be wider then the wheels....

Should'nt have any wear issues as long as you don't over inflate the tires and your alingement is on the money.

believe it or not i use my 35's with stock wheels with no problems what-so-ever or funny ware, i had to resort to it after i trashed 2 of my wheels

you'll be fine.. i ran 33x12.50s on stock wheels for 2 years and never had any problems

Thanks guys. So should i run normal tire pressure or should i drop a couple pounds off so i am not driving on the center like he thinks i will be?

Thanks guys. So should i run normal tire pressure or should i drop a couple pounds off so i am not driving on the center like he thinks i will be?

go with the pressure the tires say....

35 psi is the standard at the tire shop I work at ....even up to 33's....

i always run 35psi unless im wheeling and i have 35s

I'm on my second set of 31's on my stock wheels and there is zero wear problem. Remember to run them at 35psi and rotate them between 6K and 8k miles and you should have no problems.

believe i ran mine at 35 also

i put them on today and i am not disipointed. no noticeable loss in power. another 1-2 inches of ground clearance, and a transformation from soccer mom daily driver to extreme 4X4 tough mudder. i dont see why everybody thinks they need to run 4.10s with the 31s. But i do have a few bolt on mods.
open cone filter, 5.0 MAF, TB mod, ajusted TP sencer, shorteded throttle cable and full 2 1/4 exhust

Back