32 X11.50 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

32 X11.50

i have a 92 4 door xlt with a three inch body lift. i am planning on getting 32 x 11.50 BFG mud terrains within the next few weks. my question is will tire dealers mount these on 15X7 ims even if BFG doesn't reccommend it?? also since i have the original firestone atx spare is there any way that i can trade that in at the dealer for a 32 inch tire(and pay more). i haven't called arond yet but it seems like they might do it. i have an extra set of 235-75R15 allterrains in muy shed so i would just be mounting one of those on the spare rim and getting 4 32X1150 mud terrains on the other stock 15x7 rims. any suggestions wouild be appreciated.

When we upgraded to the 32x11.50's I traded them 2 ok 31" Yokohama Geolander MT's.. 2 badly worn 31" Geolander MT's.. and a 235x75,r15 el cheapo tire for 1 used 32" BFG AT (non ko) mounted/balanced...

This is the same place I bought the other 4 new BFG AT-ko's.. (Discount Tire)

Keep in mind to get a 32" spare under there you need to drop the air pressure down to about 10psi (or it won't fit).

Stock Wheels

None of the dealers Discount Tire/Americas Tires, have given me any grief about mounting my 32x11.5s, or my 285/75R 16s on my stock 16x7 wheels. When I had the "33"s put on, the Discount Tire guy was actually happy to do it as he did not think they would fit and he was as curious as I was. He was glad to get the information for future installs. In the past I have come across some older/stubborn tire dealers that gave me grief about installing my 36" tires on my stock jeep wheels. I just thanked him for his opinion and gave my business to another dealer. The tires/wheels worked out fine.
Rick

Back