• Register Today It's free!

32"

Black ST

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac XLT
This post probably beats a dead horse but I tried searching and couldn't find anything. I am getting new tires soon. I want BFG AT's. My question is I know I can fit 31x10.5x10 without a problem but I really want to go to 32x11.5x15 (31.7"). I have 15x8 American Racing rims. On another forum a guy had 265/75/16 BFG's (31.8") them on stock suspension with no rub. Can I fit the 32x11.5x15? I think they would look the best. I don't want to do a TT or shackles I'd like to keep it stock but I want to fit the 32's, if not I'll settle for the 31's.

Thanks for any input

PS. How the heck do you change the signature? I havent been on here in 2 years and all my information is pretty old but I can't figure out how to edit the signature.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

for the signature you gotta go into your profile which would be the button on the top next to home "USERCP" i believe and as for the tires if you're getting into 32,33,35 etc its good to keep in mind that if you're staying with a 15" rim that your tire size will actually be slightly less than what the tire says, if you go metric it is more precise, if you were to go with say a 33x12.5x17, your tire size would be more like a 33.5"

Assuming your 15x8 wheels have 3.75" backspace which is common, 32's will fit with a torsion twist and rear shackles (Warrior p/n WAR-153).

32s Will Fit No Prob With The Torsions Done, And Doing The Torsions is Still Considered Stock In My Books, All You Gotta Do Is Get On Your Back With A 13mil Socket And Start Tighting Till you Get The Hight You Want. Since Your Front Is Already lower Than The Rear Just Lift The Front End an Inch, The Truck Will Sit Level And The Tires Shouldnt Rub, If I Knew How To Upload Pics I Would Post Pics Of Mine With A Set Of MT MTZs

32x11.50x15 BFG

I did have to trim the front bumper and remove the front wheelwell liner and trim the bumps on the rear well liner. It still rubs a bit on the rear liner at full lock
4wheelparts019.jpg

I did have to trim the front bumper and remove the front wheelwell liner and trim the bumps on the rear well liner. It still rubs a bit on the rear liner at full lock
4wheelparts019.jpg

You have no lift on your truck then?

Im Telling You Dud You Gotta Lift That Front End An Inch, It Wont, All Your Doing Is Turning A Screw Under The Truck Your Not Adding Any Parts and Your Not taking Anything Away So its Still Stock. ...it Will Sit Level And You Can Put Those Rocker Covers On Again...Dang It How can I Add Am Image To This So You Can See?

Look at my truck with 32s with 1.75" tortion lift and 2" shackle lift in the rear.

IMAG0084.jpg

Sorry bout the giant photo

Thanks for everybody's responses. I just don't want to do a torsion lift. I know alot of people on here like it and say its okay but some people don't. I have mixed feelings about it because I want the lift but don't want to be changing axle angles and alignment angles because I've already had enough trouble with the front end of my sport trac in the past. I would rather not get into trimming if I were to get the 32's but I like the way a351's looks (btw I emailed you the other day, thanks for your response again). What I will probably end up doing is convince myself to trim the bumper and inner wheel well or just settle for 31's instead and save the hassle. Thanks again for all the input.

I did end up lifting the front about 1 inch via TT just to even it up a bit. About those stupid tupperware sides, they are held on by something like 20 clips per side and they cost around $5 each, and they break everytime I bump them with a rock so I just cant justify spending the money. Besides if I beat the bottom of the truck I can just cover it up with the pieces if I ever sell the truck.

I am in the same situation.. I am about to buy some BFG AT's and I can not decided between going with a 265/70/16 or a 265/75/16. The tires I had on there before were 255/70/16 firestone lemans.

I have a TT lift in the front, and I have not done a shackle lift... yet...

Any help would be appreciated.

I can not decided between going with a 265/70/16 or a 265/75/16.

If you don't want to lift it any more, then get the 70's.

Here is my old '05 Trac with 265/75-16's (32"), stock rims, TT and shackles.

DCP_0052.JPG

i have 32's on mine with no tt or shackles no rubbing at full lock only minor rubbing when articulated

Back