• Register Today It's free!

32's or 33's

xplrsport01

Reaction score
City, State
Chantilly, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 sport
Hey guys almost time to get new tires prob end off winter but im looking at 33x12.50/15 or 32x11.50/15 im pretty much looking for a tire wheel combo. I have 3.73 gears stock but can't afford both at the moment witch do you think i should go with?i'd love to get some 33's i mean could i run 33's on these gears for awhile till i save up? will it affect off road preformance?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, it will effect your offroad performance negatively. Start saving :)

thanks guys guess the only thing i have to think about is the speedo calibration when i get the tires huh? or should i do that after regearing?

what company has the best prices for tire packages? i've seen desert rat 800 for 33125015's but they're cooper tires

Go with 33s, go to discount tire. Check out at summit racing how much the cragar soft 8s are and they will match the price. You should be able to get the whole deal out the door for pretty cheap. I could have gotten mine even cheaper if I would have wanted to wait 3 days for either dunlop mud rovers or kuhmo MTs. Good luck.

-Rich

The off road performance isn't as bad as you'd think. It's the on road performance that really drops with 33's and stock gears. Still, regear as soon as you can. I wouldn't wast my money on a spedo recalibration, it will be wrong as soon as you regear. And it's easy to figure out. Your probably moving from 30" tires to 33" tires (or atleast 30's are what you used to have, way back when). That is a difference in diameter of 10%. The circumfrence is calculated by Pi*r^2. Which means that the circumfrence will also inclrease by 10%. So if your spedo says 30, your really going 33. If it says 50, your really going 55. If it says 55, your really going 60.5. Pretty easy to do in your head.
I'd also recomend the 33's, it gives you that extra 1/2 inch, and you never know when that will make the difference.

Back