33" tires with no lift kit for a 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

33" tires with no lift kit for a 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin

stedman898

Reaction score
City, State
Utica, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer Sport Trac
Can I put 33" tires, that are already mounted on 20" rims, on my 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin without having to install a lift kit?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can I put 33" tires, that are already mounted on 20" rims, on my 2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin without having to install a lift kit?
iirc no stock, would take a light/mild lift to fit 33

iirc no stock, would take a light/mild lift to fit 33
I was concerned about that. I use my truck as my daily driver and as transportation for 2 people that are disabled, and they have enough difficulty getting with it being at it's stock hight. Thank for your response 👍

I was concerned about that. I use my truck as my daily driver and as transportation for 2 people that are disabled, and they have enough difficulty getting with it being at it's stock hight. Thank for your response 👍
you could put larger than stock tires probably by a size or two iirc on your trac, thats possible. i forget what the max size is stock, but it sure isnt 33.

I have 32 inch tires, with mild lift from torsion twist and shackles. Just enough to prevent rubbing. But even with that, my 85 year old Dad has a little extra effort to get in the passenger seat.

Good luck and be safe.
30797735-6275-4522-8439-30BB4A07A0C0.jpeg

I have 32 inch tires, with mild lift from torsion twist and shackles. Just enough to prevent rubbing. But even with that, my 85 year old Dad has a little extra effort to get in the passenger seat.

Good luck and be safe.View attachment 432078
out of curiosity, whats your diff ratio? since you got so many miles out of your sohc as well, i was curious! ive got 31s on mine, but any bigger and id want different gears. just curious, thanks!

on my 31s for older folks it can be a bit of a challenge at times, or at least it takes a bit longer than it did stock. i wonder about those drop down running boards.... up the ya dont need them, down when needed? not too sure.

I think my gears are 3.73. I enjoy the lower rpm’s of the larger tires. Hasn’t reduced fuel mileage very much at all. No problems.

I would rather go back to stock wheels than try retracting running boards, myself.

And if going to stock tires did not resolve elderly access, I would try to carry a small portable step.

As a last resort, I would drive Dad’s Honda Fit to take him places.

You might want to take a look at the "2006-2010 Modified" forum. They have quite a bit of info on lifting and larger tires.

Back