33in Tires, Finally, tell me what you think!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

33in Tires, Finally, tell me what you think!!!

Axial32

Reaction score
City, State
Zeeland, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 2dr. V8 Sport
I've got the home-made warrior style shackles with the 4dr leaf pack and a small TT up front. What should I do to make it bigger for really cheap. I was thinking add a leaf and more TT...would that be fine??

t03xn4.jpg

10x8voj.jpg

14v5mhg.jpg

2vdmk1z.jpg

a1oaza.jpg

2ijheuu.jpg

dzwhu8.jpg

9pxe2h.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks pretty good, I do like the paint scheme.

Explorer suspensions are SO diverse. I had 31s on stock suspension on my first '98 and they didn't rub at all. I then had 31s on my second '98 with a 2" TT and they rubbed.

I'm betting the 33s really rub with only a TT.

wow thats sweet !!!!!:thumbsup:

Looks fresh. It's hard to tell from what I can see in your front suspension in the pictures but is it 4wd? If not, go with the spindle lift for the front.

How do you not get pulled over with those lens covers? You'd get lit up faster than you can say "Orange County" for those here.

Hey! Where do you guys get your roof rack from??? Cant seem to find any!

Thanks

Axial - No you shouldn't go more then 2 inches on the TT if you go more then that you can potentially rip your cv joints just by driving. -- that is if you're 4wd, can't remember. about the only thing that you can do is get a body lift in the front. to pick up the back you can do an add a leaf or SOA conversion

Other then that, it looks sick! they must have cost you a pretty penny. Keep up the good work.

Bslusser - I think most states don't care about the covers during the day. at night i know most cops will pull you over because it's not intelligent.

John97- His brother made it, a company that makes it is Yakima they run between 150-300 dollars depending on where you buy it.

Looks good man...those tires have got to be rubbing in turns though, no?

33's have to rub with only a tt up front. Do they?

I would imagine it has a lot to do with how worn your shocks are. New shocks ride higher.

Maybe the rim offset or spacers?

looks bad ass

Yea shocks are horrible right now.. I have a small amount of TT right now, but will go more after a set of add a leafs are on. The headlight covers they really don't care about during the day you can still see my turn signals but at night i'm sure they do care, but with my fog lamps that put out alot of light from the bottom do fine. Most of the time I'm either not driving at night or I take them off. Yep it's a 4WD, I have the brown wire mod now too, so I run both two wheel and four wheel.

The tires don't rub too bad unless i have a full cabin or a bump while turn, then they rub.We did trim the fender and bumper, but can't really tell. I have like under 2" of TT so I think I can go higher. We didn't get the upgraded bolt for the drivers side, so I think we can still go alittle taller. The tires I got dirt cheap.... a guy bought them off a kid that used them like twice in the mud for 700. I got them form him for 500. with rims. so over 90% tread left. Ohhh and I forgot to mention that I wanted to just only do like a one inch body lift with hockey pucks... my friend has a huge dodge that he body lifted 3in's with hockey pucks. way cheaper.

.opps. wrote something that already was said my bad

Wow man that looks great!

Whats the biggest size tire I could wrap the stock rims on a 95?
Im getting one, still debating on lowering it with 18's or lifting it a few inches with big tires

mine is a 97 and came with 16 inch rims... um the first pic shows 265/70/16's vs. the 33x12.50x15's
my guess is that any size as long as the rim is wide enough and you have a big enough lift

well whats the biggest size without lifting?

I want to do some "light" off roading haha, nothing like you serious guys, going thru mud deeper than the car, i have a 92, and stock tires...POOP, I think my taurus was better in the winter than my 92.

But im trading the taurus for the 95 :D

and are those LED housings in your taillights?

um, probably go with the 265/70 or 75/ 16 or 15, like BFG mt's or at's, you shouldn't have to lift it any. thats a guess though, I would ask around to find more info. At first I didn't have it lifted at all with the 265/70/16's and I never got stuck until they got worn down and it was snowy

and are those LED housings in your taillights?
nope, those are jsut aftermarket taillights I got on ebay, altezza I think

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They look pretty good, ive never really seen a pair yet that I like, but those match yours perfectly lol.

I seen on a new F150, these housings that were the ones that had the LEDs built in, they were niceeeeeee haha

Back