• Register Today It's free!

33's on a 01'

01slvrsprt

Reaction score
City, State
South Burbs of Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
Will there be any clearance issue putting 33's that are 12.5 wide on a 2001 Sport with a 3" BL Shackles and TT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Should be no problem at all. The '01+ 2dr Sports have larger wheel well openings than earlier models (2dr and 4dr), so fitting larger tires is a little easier. I had 32s with stock suspension and no rubbing except on the anti-sway bar at full turn.

Now I'm running 33 x 11.5s with just a TT and F150 rear leaves. Total of about 1.5" of lift. Stock shackles, stock 16" wheels, no body lift, no AAL, no trimming, no rubbing.

If I had wider wheels and/or tires, there would be be rubbing when turning. The extra 3" of body lift would easily take care of that without trimming any body parts. Would probably look better with it higher too. I plan on a BL and wider wheels someday when the budget allows.

Should be no problem at all. The '01+ 2dr Sports have larger wheel well openings than earlier models (2dr and 4dr), so fitting larger tires is a little easier. I had 32s with stock suspension and no rubbing except on the anti-sway bar at full turn.

Now I'm running 33 x 11.5s with just a TT and F150 rear leaves. Total of about 1.5" of lift. Stock shackles, stock 16" wheels, no body lift, no AAL, no trimming, no rubbing.

If I had wider wheels and/or tires, there would be be rubbing when turning. The extra 3" of body lift would easily take care of that without trimming any body parts. Would probably look better with it higher too. I plan on a BL and wider wheels someday when the budget allows.
Thanx, I appriciate the help

33's are no problem,I have run them on my 01 sport for almost 2 years, I have just put 35-12.5-15 on,Had to do some trimming for those! will post some pictures soon.I am heading to Moab in about a week to try this package out.I have a 3"BL,TT,shackle kit,4:88 gears,lockers front and rear.I have run the Rubicon twice,and as high as a rated 5 Moab trail with the 33's

Back