• Register Today It's free!

33's on a stock 94 Explorer?

ward989

Reaction score
City, State
St. Albans VT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Mazda Navajo DX
I know the information im looking for is somewhere on here, But I have to go to work in 5 min. and dont have time to look.

so does anyone know or is there anyone running a stock 94 ford explorer (2 door) with 33's on it without rubbing?

thanks in advance for everyone's help

and like i said before i post another thread i will make sure to look.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you cant

It will rub for sure... my 94 exp 2 door rubs with 3 inches of lift

Usually you are looking at needing about 5 inchs of lift make 33s work. You would have to get very sawzall happy to make them work for a stock truck.

31's should fit on a stock ex. 33's are a no go unless you lift it, a 3 inch body lift and a little fender trimming should do it. Or if you don't want to spend the cash to lift and don't care about the body just get the good old sawzall or grinder out and chop away at those fenders:D

Thanks everyone for your help, I have a set of 33" Mickey Thompson baja claw, and wanted them to fit. Now i have another question, has anyone custom made their own body lift kit? The sawzall will be coming in handy at one point or another.

You wont get much love around here if you make your own body lift. Some people have tried using hockey pucks but thats a bad idea since a few have actually had the pucks break down over time. Your best bet is to spend the money and get the kit which is designed to hold up over time and stress. The kit is under 200 dollars i believe.

well i got the tires mounted and balanced today, and now they are sitting on my Navajo. Glad to say I got away with minimal fender cutting and still have enough flex!

got any pics?

X 3........I want to see this....:ttiwwp:

x4 i wanna see these pics and definately flexing

i guess it could be done. my last ex had about 6'' of suspension lift and i had GOBS of room for my 33's.
918f1ef9.jpg

I have 32 11/50s with a 2'' lift. the only time they rub is in reverse with the steering at full lock

Well, I'm glad to see you are all interested in my thread, I do have to say there is not as much flex as i hope and i will upload pictures in a few hours, its dark so I can no go take any pictures, This is more of a mud rig than a trail rig anyways, so for now I am happy now i just have to order my safari snorkel head and make a snorkel, with everything i have gotten.

Well i'm glad to say that i found some pictures my buddy took, while we were waiting for the sawzall to charge, I will take more in the morning like i said this was before the sawzall had been used and there was only minimal rubbing. All that was cut was maybe a few inches from each of the front two fenders, the rear was fine.

mzd4.jpg

mzd1.jpg

mzd2.jpg

my bone stock '93 rubs *slightly* with 31's

33's would be a problem without massive trimming

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

okay well i guess ill have to take pictures of the tires and a video of my rig going down the road so you will all believe me. because they went one with maybe 10 min of fender cutting, ill get some of the stuff i cut too.

Back