• Register Today It's free!

33's under a 2inch lift?

nice92explorer

Reaction score
City, State
costa mesa, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer xlt
im going to get some used 33's for free but i dont have alot of money to spend on a big lift kit. So i saw on ebay a 2inch lift for under 100$, its the leaf spring in back and front coil spacers. Will the tires fit with a 2in lift?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You will get a lot of rubbing with that setup, how much depends on the width of the tires. Adding a body lift for another $150 will help you out a lot.

Robb

Also, you can get the same add-a-leafs in that kit you're looking at, and F150 spacers, for about $70 new.

They'll fit easier if they're 33x10.50 instead of 33x12.50. However, you'll either need to literally hack most of your fenders away or get Perry's fiberglass kit, www.perrysfabnfiber.com

I have 33x12.50s with only 2.25" of lift and it took a lot of work to get them to fit. In fact, I'm putting 2 more " in the rear and 1 more " in the front to help them fit.

In general on an early X without the fiberglass fender conversion, you need at least 4" to fit 33x10.50s, and 5" to fit 33x12.50s.

Good luck!

Alec.. how you getting 1 more inch in the front? TT?

I will agree with others, that 2 inch lift on e-bay, bad deal.
You can buy spacers new at ford for 32.00's, and the add-a-leaf is only 28.00's at 4wheel parts. That lift also won't really give you 2 inches, more like 1 1/2 inches.

section,
I'm trading my Warrior shackles with Kris for 4" lift leaf springs, and I'll just TT in front until I'm happy.

I got both my spcers at the yard off an old f250 for 7 bucks. Put a coat of krylon on em... Good as new!! Gave me 1.25 inches.

im going to get some used 33's for free but i dont have alot of money to spend on a big lift kit. So i saw on ebay a 2inch lift for under 100$, its the leaf spring in back and front coil spacers. Will the tires fit with a 2in lift?
My 92 runs 32x11.5xr15 but it has a 3inch body lift. There was a lot of room to expand but it's also a ****box that I'm gonna save and it's not oem. Doesn't have inner fender wells but it clears everything and I have bolt on extended stud wheel spacers on the back to match the offset of the front diff and locking hubs. Everything I have read says yes they will BUT you gonna be maxed out or close to it with 2in and 33s

My 92 runs 32x11.5xr15 but it has a 3inch body lift. There was a lot of room to expand but it's also a ****box that I'm gonna save and it's not oem. Doesn't have inner fender wells but it clears everything and I have bolt on extended stud wheel spacers on the back to match the offset of the front diff and locking hubs. Everything I have read says yes they will BUT you gonna be maxed out or close to it with 2in and 33s
20 year old thread…..

it all depends imo. on some it xould fit on others it wont. rubbing usually occurs on the inner fender in my experience. for example there was a member with a 2g that fit 33s on torsion keys and shackles. for me, i could barely clear 32s if i wanted to, or so it appears.

Back