• Register Today It's free!

33s with no body lift?

corson

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Limited 5.0L
Hey I have a '98 and I've done shackles+add a leafs in the rear and cranked the tbars all the way in the front. I still have 29s and I'm looking at getting 33s, but I don't want to do a body lift since I have a push bar front bumper and I don't think that would work with a BL. Does anyone have experience with fitting 32s or 33s with a similar setup/no BL? (pic for reference)

TTshackleAAL.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey I have a '98 and I've done shackles+add a leafs in the rear and cranked the tbars all the way in the front. I still have 29s and I'm looking at getting 33s, but I don't want to do a body lift since I have a push bar front bumper and I don't think that would work with a BL. Does anyone have experience with fitting 32s or 33s with a similar setup/no BL? (pic for reference)

View attachment 435581
Yeah, 33s pretty much are a no go unless ya want some serious trimming. I maxed out the TT and ran lifted shackles with 265/75r16s (32s) and still had to trim a little plastic up front on both the rocker trim and the bumper. 33s you'll be trimming metal based on what I could tell and 99% of others. Yeah, the guard wont work along with the bodylift unless ya customize the brackets to work, I've seen it done and almost did it for mine since I planned to add a 1-2" bodylift just in case of fitment, but decided against it in the end. And just going to add a bunch from around mine as an idea

20220304_150158(0).jpg 20220308_085240.jpg 20220308_085207.jpg 20220308_085150.jpg 20220407_192855.jpg 20220407_192844.jpg 20220407_192828.jpg

do a 2" body lift (shave the 3" down to a 2) less issues with install
Make simople brackets for bumper mounts and the push bar will move also

No WAY will 33's fit otherwise even with body lift they are tight on a gen II

do a 2" body lift (shave the 3" down to a 2) less issues with install
Make simople brackets for bumper mounts and the push bar will move also

No WAY will 33's fit otherwise even with body lift they are tight on a gen II
Pretty much, though usually the kits come with bumper relocation brackets, so that's not the huge concern, making the guard move is the only troublesome bit. Thought I still had a picture of someones that they extended the brackets to make it fit, evidently not. But yeah the 2" certainly is easier than the 3". Could always do fiberglass fenders depending on budget, those should allow better room for the 33s

I have never seen brackets for bumper re locate that work on gen II!! But then I have not done a body lift in 15+ years
There was a cad file/ drawing of Gen II body lift bumper brackets on here years ago
I traded a 30 pack of beer to have my old brackets cut from metal

I have never seen brackets for bumper re locate that work on gen II!! But then I have not done a body lift in 15+ years
There was a cad file/ drawing of Gen II body lift bumper brackets on here years ago
sounds like a fair trade!!!!

and yeah im gonna say no go on the 33s stick to 31 mayge 32

I assumed they came with brackets, not sure though. Could be wrong, I know the one for this truck doesnt, at least not rear ones. May have to do some fabricating either way

I assumed they came with brackets, not sure though. Could be wrong, I know the one for this truck doesnt, at least not rear ones. May have to do some fabricating either way
they do... but for a ranger. the 3" one fits a ranger so iirc it doesnt quite fit ours, the 2" comes with them too, and they fit a 1g. that i do believe takes some mods to fit. i do know that the bumper brackets on these arent a bolt on and go iirc.

1666171379762.png

Found this​

Thats it!! Well done blast from the past

I’m running 33’s on my 2000, cranked torsions, rear shackle, minor fender trim. I’ve only rubbed at full lock and it’s minimal on the plastic inner fender

Back