37...? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

37...?

Hmmmmmm? :scratch:

Size.jpg

OK! :biggthump

37.jpg

:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Excellent :thumbsup:. You are now effectively banned from almost all indoor parking :p:

Very Cool, Steve, Very Cool!!!!:thumbsup: and your new rim's look good also!
I bet you can't wait to try them out.:D Do they rub any where?

Very Cool, Steve, Very Cool!!!!:thumbsup: and your new rim's look good also!
I bet you can't wait to try them out.:D Do they rub any where?

Well I just drove them on the street so far...but yes, they are rubing on my arms at full crank. My old back spacing was 4" and all I could get was 4.5" for the 17x8 wheel:rolleyes: They're not to bad...so We'll see. I pretty sure I'll have rubbing issues though off road, which I'm ok with a little because I didn't have any before. Even at full up travel in the front I never rubbed with my 35's, I had a ways to go. When we built the SAS we planned to go to 37's down the road. That's why I did 5.13's then. They dropped a few hundred off my RPM at 65 though:D

On another note...These things are HEAVY! old rims and tires weighed 75lbs each, and these come in at ...GULP! 115lbs each! :eek: Good thing I'm building a new tire carrier.:rolleyes:

Big. Me likey :thumbsup:

schwing.jpg

:D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So have you decided on the color you're painting your new wheels?

give me a few months on the wheel....I have something in mind;)

37-3.jpg

37-5.jpg

37-4.jpg

37-2.jpg

Looks great Steve, what did you do for balancing?

Looks great Steve, what did you do for balancing?

We took them to a little local shop and said, can mount and balance these? and they said sure...$15 bucks each:D :thumbsup:

How is braking with them and what upgrades have you done to your brakes?

Looks really good with the new tires? Not to hijack your thread, but whats your caster angle up front??

We took them to a little local shop and said, can mount and balance these? and they said sure...$15 bucks each:D :thumbsup:

Wow, it cost me $25 each for my 33s.

I need to get the name of that little tire shop last i had a set of 35's mounted and balanced it cost me 20 each

Yea, the larger tire do weight more. I just weight our 40" and their 123.5 lbs. :eek: A heavy duty tire carrier for sure.

so now ull just flip even more... looks good tho...IMHO $80 bucks is too much for mount & balance...

Back