37's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

37's

I possibly have a chance to get a set of Super Swamper 37x12.50x15's I am going to install the Super Lift 5.5 and leave on the spacers, the shackles and the body lift, I was wondering if anyone has attempted to run these and if anyone thought it might be possible I know trimming will be needed, but can I trim enough or will more lift be needed??????????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what gears will you be running with the 37s?
that's pretty big. what size do you have now?

What is StuddedX running? I think that if you ran 4.88 gears you should sit pretty, or what the hell, run some 5.13's I dont think anyone else around here is running those yet that has spoken up. As for fit, you should work out. I would really check into the lenghts of shafts. I have a spring over with like 6" and haven't had a problem, but I dont want to go any higher. Good luck.

If i'm not mistaken RockyLaurence is running 37's. You might want to PM or email him to see what he has done to make them fit.

Yah, but if I'm not mistaken, no one has yet to see any photo's of his 37's he claims to have. And I'm going to be skeptical until I see photos.
Pete

Oh yea, you should be able to get em to fit with trimming. I got 6in in front 5 in the rear 3in body, and 35's and they only rub cause I got the wrong offset...

37's a hudge for the ttb all I can say is if you offroad hard be expecting to break axles. With 35s I've already broken two passanger side half shafts, But the lockrite has held up. They should fit. I have 35's with 2" body and 6.5" suspension they only rub on the radius arms because I built the brakets a little too wide. Robbie

Originally posted by offroader_69_me
I know trimming will be needed, but can I trim enough or will more lift be needed??????????

My 2 cents...... After the suspension lift is on, lose the body lift and maybe the spacers and shackles, and cut away however much you need to, depending on how you use it.

I'm running 4.56 with mine, but I switch to 35's for serious offroading.

go to Dead Link Removed go to members and look at rocky's profile.

i think that the site is down for maintenance at the moment so you might have to wait a bit, but he has 37" boggers and his pic is on the opening page as well.

I don't understand how you guys rub 35s with 8+ inches of lift.
Mine don't rub at all and I have a 4" lift. Ya, ya I have the fenders but I don't rub anything. The fenders don't help clear the firesall or radius arms or anything else, so fenders don't even matter. You can fit 35s with 5.5" lift with minor trimming as FAKRWEE did. Paul B. had 35s with a 6" lift with no rubbing after minor trimming.
I'm going to go for 37s soon and I'm not lifting it anymore than it already is.

If you aren't going to do serious off-roading 37s ar a waste of money, (tires, gas, gears, etc.)

To answer the question, If you trim enough, they will fit. Good luck!

Check the site....I have been on the trail with Rocky twice, and if you still don't believe the Pictures Pete, there are also videos on the site...Take a look...there on there...
I'm running 35's now with no rubbing or trimming with a 2" BL and 5.5, and still have all the stock Sport trim on..

Back