• Register Today It's free!

38" tires

jeremyc653

Reaction score
City, State
st pete fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford sport trac
ok so i was at the pawn shop today and i saw some 38" 14.50 r 15-16 tires i was wondering if they would fit on my st i have a 3in bl and 2 in tt inner sidewalls removed and side cladding and cut front and back plastics here are the pics of my truck http://s684.photobucket.com/albums/vv202/jeremyc653-st/
100_0465.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fitment isn't the real issue here. Your suspension can't handle that much tire, you'll be breaking parts left and right, and that's if it's only a DD, offroad you would be fixing your rig every 5 minutes, it's just not worth it. If you want to run that big of a tire a solid axle swap is in your future.

That wide on the front would be crazy. You definitely need to re-gear on anything over 36". I ran some 37s on my truck for an hour once. Big difference in the lack of power going from 35's to 37's.

37" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R on my truck for about an hour. :D

410708210012.jpg

thanks everyone for the input i guess ill just go with 35's soon i am worried about them fitting i want to run some but i don't think they will i cant see them fitting and not rub i was next to this wrangler the other day and it has new goodyear a/t 35 12.5 r 15 and i couldn't see them on my truck

Would 36" tires be good with a 4" lift (front and back) without problem?

Would 36" tires be good with a 4" lift (front and back) without problem?
No. To fit 36" you'd need a Superlift plus a bodylift and probably cut the fenders and add Bushwhacker flares. And again, if you have a 4x4, the front end won't be happy with tires that big anyway. 33" is as big a tire that the front end will tolerate without breaking a lot of parts.

This is a 4x2 Sport Trac where you can get away with 37" tires a little easier. As I recall, it has a TT, Ranger Edge drop spindles (no, they won't work on a 4x4), a body lift, and a sprung-over conversion in the rear, along with Bushwhacker flares. (It's also hiding a 350 Chevy engine and been rewired like a street rod with little in the way of electronics.)

Attachments

• Tonka Trac.jpg
    Tonka Trac.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 24,047

what size tires are you running now?

No. To fit 36" you'd need a Superlift plus a bodylift and probably cut the fenders and add Bushwhacker flares. And again, if you have a 4x4, the front end won't be happy with tires that big anyway. 33" is as big a tire that the front end will tolerate without breaking a lot of parts.

This is a 4x2 Sport Trac where you can get away with 37" tires a little easier. As I recall, it has a TT, Ranger Edge drop spindles (no, they won't work on a 4x4), a body lift, and a sprung-over conversion in the rear, along with Bushwhacker flares. (It's also hiding a 350 Chevy engine and been rewired like a street rod with little in the way of electronics.)

Hey Bro, cherryy set up. where'd you get that set of fender flares? are those bushwacker?. i was talking to a bushwacker rep and they said they discontinued falres for our trucks. but im still able to find it up on different offroad part websites. just curious, id like to pick me up a set.
THANKS!!!!

heres my rig.
29790440014_large.jpg

Back