3800 M90 Build | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3800 M90 Build

Ok the cats out the bag!!im going supercharged .its a 3800 gm m90.i need lots of help as im a nos guy.for starters my list of mods is in my signature.the guy im buying it from ran it on a stock tuned motor at 3psi.first question is what is the "safe" limit to run boost at?i know it is not ideal but i have a wide band O2 and will be doing tuning very soon.i also will be trying to have my company make a new lower intake mounting bracket on the cnc machine and have it taped for nos/water meth injectors/spray bars.i will also be getting a p+p unit from 3800 performance and stepping down on the pulley to try and run 8-10psi.what size injectors should i run for that?which fuel pump should i run?any suggestions on tuning?i was going to go mega squirt but i see sct has a new chip out,any suggestions?

DONE

ported and polished gm 3800 gen 2 m90
Water to air intercooled
port matched 76mm inlet and intake tube
mustang 75mm race tb
90mm maf
36lb injectors
255 fuel pump
sct 5bank dyno tuned
2.7" pulley 10lbs of boost!!;)
2012-06-09201057.jpg

2012-06-09201139-1.jpg

2012-06-09201207.jpg

dyno run,these was the last two pulls with the 2.7 and the alternator was bad.turn your volume down!!

and a 3.25 pull and think my rev is still set to 5000 in this one

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

JD, have you tried talking to any local shops? I have worked with a guy that owns a machine shop in Waverly or Wakefield. Parhams Machine I think. Ronnie Parham is the owner. I have seen some of their aluminum work and was very impressed. I know he does a lot of custom work. If you are interested PM me and I will get you their phone number.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

JD, have you tried talking to any local shops? I have worked with a guy that owns a machine shop in Waverly or Wakefield. Parhams Machine I think. Ronnie Parham is the owner. I have seen some of their aluminum work and was very impressed. I know he does a lot of custom work. If you are interested PM me and I will get you their phone number.

I can find anyone local that can mandrll bend that thick and that big of pipe

So, by getting the pipes out from under the vehicle you should be doing away with in cab resonating. Correct? She's gonna be LOUD

So, by getting the pipes out from under the vehicle you should be doing away with in cab resonating. Correct? She's gonna be LOUD

Its a delta 40 so there isnt that much to begin with.it was to quite for me when i had one cat and dual 2.25 out the back.i cut it at the muffler and dumped it under the axle and sounded better but yea filled the cab up.it should be way louder and deeper with fake cats and 2.5 and its real short.

guess im going to cut the front one down to match the rear one.everyone i have showed has asked me if i was going to so it must look funny,i kind of like it

Well good and bad news.noticed those pipes looked real small and took a measurements and they are only 2"!!summit has them labeled wrong!!ERRRRRRR;( so sendint them back and found a set that is 2.5 but does not have the 45* on the end so im going to have to weld a tight 45* on it.also global called me back and they are refunding me ALL my money and told me to keep the pipe.even though the messed up on the order they are real good guys over there,customer service is top notch.i ordered the one i post a couple post ago.im also stepping up to 3.25 thick wall to get closer to 75mm.so the $81 pipe is going to cost me $32 and the $50 tail pipes are now costing me $19.need to save all i can as this is way up in the thousands all ready

well did my fuel pump today and man was it easy.i have a body lift so i could get to everything on top without cutting a hole or any trouble.whole job took under an hour.also bought some new toys,like i havent spent enough.i got a pod for a 89 mustang for starters and stuffing it with some more gauges.first gauge is the auto meter 5" tach with light(atm-3905)second gauge is a prospect fuel gauge and last is a prospect dual intercooler temp gauge.why not;) the shift light will become my new rev limiter as i wanna raise my max rpms to 5500.im going to cut the fuel pump wire from my ecm and have it wired on a relay so its on when the truck is one and when my shift light come on it kill the power to the pump.im setting it at 5500 but shifting slightly under that.after a dyno run ill see where i stop making power and set it to that.getting alot closer.tomorrow im tearing the glove box apart for the filter and taking all the rest of the coolers of the front to mock up my HE for my intercooler.
2012-02-25164106.jpg

dash pods
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-49102/
tach
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140697721869?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
fuel
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270794652751?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
intercooler temps
http://www.siliconeintakes.com/prod...d=987&osCsid=5411a0c48e9a6833429eaeb871850c4a

no new up dates as far as work but did get some new toys;)
2012-02-28213749.jpg

2012-02-28214028.jpg

2012-02-28214146.jpg

AND HELP...IM RUNNING OUT OF ROOM IN MY ROOM!!!:help:
2012-02-28214557.jpg
:eek::eek:

where'd you get the aluminum radiator?

i was talking about the radiator.. but yeah my project runs strong.. getting the tune dialed in on the 12th

you got a great selection of parts there i am jealous it has been a while since i had that many parts laying around for one of my own cars. other peoples cars yes my car no! i like your heat exhanger that is my plan on my next build as well.

you got a great selection of parts there i am jealous it has been a while since i had that many parts laying around for one of my own cars. other peoples cars yes my car no! i like your heat exhanger that is my plan on my next build as well.

Still got a little more to get then its on like donkey kong!!yea trying to keep temps as low as i can.im not doing tuning till i figure out witch direction im going for a tranny.only thing that is tuned as of now is my MAF to the 36lbs injectors and my ecm

sweet

updates coming REAL soon;)

Back