3800 M90 Build | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3800 M90 Build

Ok the cats out the bag!!im going supercharged .its a 3800 gm m90.i need lots of help as im a nos guy.for starters my list of mods is in my signature.the guy im buying it from ran it on a stock tuned motor at 3psi.first question is what is the "safe" limit to run boost at?i know it is not ideal but i have a wide band O2 and will be doing tuning very soon.i also will be trying to have my company make a new lower intake mounting bracket on the cnc machine and have it taped for nos/water meth injectors/spray bars.i will also be getting a p+p unit from 3800 performance and stepping down on the pulley to try and run 8-10psi.what size injectors should i run for that?which fuel pump should i run?any suggestions on tuning?i was going to go mega squirt but i see sct has a new chip out,any suggestions?

DONE

ported and polished gm 3800 gen 2 m90
Water to air intercooled
port matched 76mm inlet and intake tube
mustang 75mm race tb
90mm maf
36lb injectors
255 fuel pump
sct 5bank dyno tuned
2.7" pulley 10lbs of boost!!;)
2012-06-09201057.jpg

2012-06-09201139-1.jpg

2012-06-09201207.jpg

dyno run,these was the last two pulls with the 2.7 and the alternator was bad.turn your volume down!!

and a 3.25 pull and think my rev is still set to 5000 in this one

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice. Im impressed with the quality of the spacers.
I should think about picking up valve cover gaskets so I can do mine when I pull my upper plenum off for the SC install.

Your motor looks so pretty and clean!

And your welcome, I'm glad I could contribute something to your build.

Thanks;)yea if you look close at them i trimmed them about and 1/8 inch so they would float better,should have only gone about a 1/16". The new sealed power rockers were wider/thicker than stock or delta,they probably would have worn in but being aluminum was scared they would wear or gall funny(think thats the word).

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

If you happen to want to sell that alternator, look no further you have a buyer! (it's me)

If you happen to want to sell that alternator, look no further you have a buyer! (it's me)

Huh who said anything about an alt?

Edit:sorry i see where i was talking about it.ill keep you in mind,i would love to step up but i dont see that in the budget right now.:(

well didnt really get alot done this weekend,i got a little out of control on fri night so i was in bed all day sat:bdrunk:really focused on the exhaust.i got about 90% of it mocked up but ran out of pipe.so i decided to try and mount my f150 steering pod.i didnt fit AT ALL.i know people say they fit first gens but i cant find a pic anywhere of it on a first gen.i would have had to cut it in half and rig the crap out of it,so i decided not to use it.ive seen people putting gauges in the middle vent so thats what i did.my vents dont work anymore because i cut them all up for my air filter in the glove box.only thing that works is the floor and defrost.i also went to install my IC pump and i didnt have any hose that fit and also its a brand new pump and it didnt come with a wiring connector!!went to put a 180* tstat in and come to find out it had one,not a 190* like i though i put in.here is a pic of the gauge and a pretty nice pic of the motor.again its gm metallic gunmetal with a color flake clear.the block doesnt have it on it just the valve covers,oil pan and accessories
2012-04-08180302.jpg

2012-04-01152636.jpg

I think those that claim to have seen an F-150 steering column pod in a 1st Gen, was probably referring to mine. I have a F-150 pod in my First Gen......but I also have done a full 2nd Gen dash/column swap into my `92.....that is the ONLY way it will work.

Ryan

I think those that claim to have seen an F-150 steering column pod in a 1st Gen, was probably referring to mine. I have a F-150 pod in my First Gen......but I also have done a full 2nd Gen dash/column swap into my `92.....that is the ONLY way it will work.

Ryan

Yeah it definitely doesn't fit in a first gen:( i cant even find a close up pic of it in a 2nd gen

got the exhaust all mocked up and final welded.i notched the body at the bottom of the rocker.i need to replace the rusted one and weld some sheet metal around where i notched.i think it turned out pretty good.some crazy angles though.again this is for OFF ROAD USE ONLY its two fake 3" straight pipe cats,reduces to a flowmaster 40 2.5" in/out,then to 2.5'" to a dual 3.5" stainless tip.i went above the frame,between the frame and body(have a 3" body lift,also motor and frame is solid mounted)ill get a pic of the final when i finish the rocker or dogleg metal work.one thing is not done in this pic,the tail pipe section is flared where it fits on the muffler,im using a clamp there to fit it into the truck.should flow and sound pretty good
o ps this was my first time mig welding with thin metal/exhaust tubing.alot different than a old stick welder and thick metal:eek:
ex2-1.jpg

ex1-1.jpg

ex3-1.jpg

ex4.jpg

ex5.jpg

Sound clip request! FIRE IT UP!

I wish the charger should have went out last week but money got tight so sending it out this week.i still have alot of work to do also.charger should take three weeks so wanna try and have everything done by time it gets back

Looks great!
Im ready to do my install. I judt need time. Im working all week, and weekend. Looks like I'm two weeks away from tearing mine apart. It's killing me.

love the Lightning style exhaust JD...nice work!

You know what i didnt even think of that.i probably could have used the tips from that.i bet they run under frame tho.

no idea, but I think the tips you used look awesome.

Thanks:) your have to see it in person,pics do it no justice.they look like they are level and stick out far in these pics.they aren't at all they are down 45* and facing towards the back of the truck at 45* and if you stuck a level on the side of the truck they come flush and only hang about an inch or two below the body.i didnt want them dragging so tried to notch the body as much as i could without you seeing it from the side.its STUFFED up in there with about an inch clearance

Thanks:) your have to see it in persone,pics do it no justice.they look like they are level and stick out far in these pics.they arent at all they are down 45* and facing towards the back of the truck at 45* and if you stuck a level on the side of the truck they come flush and only hang about an icnh or two below the body.i didnt want them draging so tried to notch the body as much as i could without you seeing it from the side.its STUFFED up in there with aboub an inch clearance

Can't wait to see it in person sometime. You think you'll have it all done by June?

Can't wait to see it in person sometime. You think you'll have it all done by June?

Man i hope so!!planning on sometime next month. Money and time is the big problem,i gota work OT to get the money but then left with no time to work on the truck:(

well didnt get much done today.first thing i did was mock up the tb to work.i took and cut the ball off the 75mm tb and took the arm off the 4.0 tb and mounted it on the 75mm tb.it fit perfect.also took the cable bracket and trimmed it and mounted it to the 75mm tb.it works great and didnt have to weld or change to much.i also took and trimmed the lower manifold mount so that the IC would mount on it.it has bolts holding it together that hit the lower mount.then i test fit everything on the motor with the ic in place this time.it barley clears the hood and ALOT of firewall clearance is going to be need.good thing i haven't made my manifold pipe yet because it all has changed.if it doesnt rain tomorrow then im going to mount my ic pump and plum it all in.if it does rain then im going to port match my lower mount with my ic

2012-04-21154737.jpg

2012-04-21154749.jpg

final with the brackets trimmed

2012-04-21195513.jpg

well did alittle work this weekend,not much as i hurt my back and cant freakn move.been bed bond for two days now;(got some new parts in,my new dogleg and my fuse box.i also came across some spare stock at my work so ill be using it to make the sc inlet flange.it rained sat and thats when i tweeked my back,so i worked inside to make the templets for the ic and the sc inlet flange.planned on cutting them on sunday but it was nice out and thought my back would hold up to cutting that rusty dog leg off.about the time i go to pick up my weld it goes completely out on me.so i threw down some beads and called it a day!been in bed sense then!!here are some pics and hopefully i can get it done this week if my back stops hurting.one thing your might notice is that i couldnt get the door gaps to be perfect but its very close and im doing the other side soon so ill just match this side.the outside skins was gone but under it wasnt that bad.the fuse box is a 12 circuit with grounds,ill be running it off my old 50 switch power relay for my old fan.it will run all my gauges and some other stuff
fuse box
fusebox.jpg

rusted crap
rustbefore.jpg

rust1.jpg

rust2.jpg

you can see where i notched it for the exhaust here
rust3.jpg

rustfit.jpg

still have to grind and bondo it,started grinding and was in to much pain so threw some paint on it and called it a day
finaldogleg.jpg

rustfinaldoorshut.jpg

and temps of the ic and the sc inlet

icfit.jpg

intaketemp.jpg

with that posted im going to lay back down as im screaming with pain now!!!

This is going to be one nasty truck!

Back