3800 M90 Build | Page 34 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3800 M90 Build

Ok the cats out the bag!!im going supercharged .its a 3800 gm m90.i need lots of help as im a nos guy.for starters my list of mods is in my signature.the guy im buying it from ran it on a stock tuned motor at 3psi.first question is what is the "safe" limit to run boost at?i know it is not ideal but i have a wide band O2 and will be doing tuning very soon.i also will be trying to have my company make a new lower intake mounting bracket on the cnc machine and have it taped for nos/water meth injectors/spray bars.i will also be getting a p+p unit from 3800 performance and stepping down on the pulley to try and run 8-10psi.what size injectors should i run for that?which fuel pump should i run?any suggestions on tuning?i was going to go mega squirt but i see sct has a new chip out,any suggestions?

DONE

ported and polished gm 3800 gen 2 m90
Water to air intercooled
port matched 76mm inlet and intake tube
mustang 75mm race tb
90mm maf
36lb injectors
255 fuel pump
sct 5bank dyno tuned
2.7" pulley 10lbs of boost!!;)
2012-06-09201057.jpg

2012-06-09201139-1.jpg

2012-06-09201207.jpg

dyno run,these was the last two pulls with the 2.7 and the alternator was bad.turn your volume down!!

and a 3.25 pull and think my rev is still set to 5000 in this one

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see gates belts on the zzperformance site. Are those the ones?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

This is interesting, I reached out to them when I could not find a gatorback locally for awhile (I found one finally) thinking a different pulley would help as I was not eating gates/napa belts but just stretching them to point of squeak all the time status. So far the gatorback is working with my variable 7-8psi max. for more than 2 days (which was the average time it took a gates/napa belt to chirp). were the pulleys from zz costly?

You have a ford m90 so thier pulleys wont fit yours.but no they are just about the best priced anything,like there saying goes "go fast,not broke"
http://www.zzperformance.com/blog/zzp-vs-ansi-groove-design/

I see gates belts on the zzperformance site. Are those the ones?

Yes,but your have to do.a search on gates page for belt lengths as i dont think zz carries all sizes.

This is interesting, I reached out to them when I could not find a gatorback locally for awhile (I found one finally) thinking a different pulley would help as I was not eating gates/napa belts but just stretching them to point of squeak all the time status. So far the gatorback is working with my variable 7-8psi max. for more than 2 days (which was the average time it took a gates/napa belt to chirp). were the pulleys from zz costly?

If your eating belts or squeaking you have a alignment problem or bad bearing.its not the belt.gates are said to be better for grip

Exactly. I found a cross reference for belts.
http://crossbelts.com/serpentine/6ribkseries.html
It doesn't have belt length in the chart, unfortunately.

So, My belt is 105.5" long. Gatorback #is 6PK2680, so Gates would be K061058
I think the Gatorback rates right up there with the Gates belts though. Phix, you using the same sized belt as me?

I think the Gatorback rates right up there with the Gates belts though. Phix, you using the same sized belt as me?

Not from thier testing.its says gates premium belts.also you cant look at normal comparisons as a belt on a sc motor is totally different .ill try and find there tech page where they did the testing.

Think my belts are a 73.5" and a 68"

I'll try a gates. I am seeing my gatorback stretch quite a bit.

I'll try a gates. I am seeing my gatorback stretch quite a bit.

Gator is made for regular cars.gates has three kinds that will fit ours.standard(black) ,fleet/heavy duty(green) or racing(blue) im going with thier blue racing,im sure it cost double and dont last as long but hey it matches and i want every bit of grip i can get for the 2.7 i may go with just a regular black belt for the 3.25 depending on price and thats my long distance travel belt or pulley.;)

i pulled the part numbers off these belts and entered the size we need and did a search on gates for closest size;)

So, where is a cross reference for gates's different style of belts? I cant find it.
This belt thing is painful, I had no idea that gates carried different styles. I'd at least like to go green.

If your eating belts or squeaking you have a alignment problem or bad bearing.its not the belt.gates are said to be better for grip

they make a belt laser,im going to try and find one but mine look to be very aligned.pretty sure its just that i dont have enough belt wrap

So, where is a cross reference for gates's different style of belts? I cant find it.
This belt thing is painful, I had no idea that gates carried different styles. I'd at least like to go green.

lol im looking now,really they carry 5 different,a stretch belt and a double sided belt but neither would be good for us.yea was thinking may go with green also for 3.25,afraid the blue is going to be costly and running 500 miles to the trail i may go thro the blue ones for the 3.25

YOUR BELT IN BLUE
K061054RB RACING MICRO-V
http://www.gatespowerpro.com/Comerg...tNavigateFrame&CFID=51624348&CFTOKEN=14397452

still looking for green

i believe this is the green
K061058HD FLEETRUNNER MICRO-V

first two numbers is amount of ribs (06),the next 4 is the size (105.8) works the same for most belts

well been having a problem getting water into something,was having it before sc.i think i got a bad wire and it arcs off the block when it gets wet or i wash my motor.then the same plug seems to foul out after.need to find whats causing this,but that just a starter to the story im about to tell you all

so i go to go wheeling with xeek friday and i wash the motor off from the trip,jump in it and take off.plug fouls out,i carry a extra set with me.get to the place where are going mudding and swap the plug out,still has a bad miss.the engine is to hot and it was raining out so i just wheeled on 5 cyl.it did really good for just on 5 haha.so i go to check the plugs the next day,one i did not gap the plug i put in and i broke the porcelain putting it in or taking it out.checked all the rest and had another that had the porcelain cracked also and it was a old crack not from taking it out.i then checked all my wires and coil with a spray bottle to try and get something to arc or spark,nothing.go for a drive and it back to beast mode.

monday comes and there is a truck show i want to enter so i go and wash my truck and motor........COMPLETELY dry everything off with a air hose and put a fan ontop the motor for like a hour.............yep go to take off and it is running on 5 again and im with a chic trying to show off!!!!we get to the truck show and it starts raining!!!!i think GREAT i cant open the hood or the tail gate to show off:mad:so figure they are not going to judge,well the rain stops and they go out to judge and not tell anyone.

so im sitting at the bar and they shut the music off and start announcing that the judging is done...im like WTF im going to lose to a HEEP AGAIN(entered before the sc and lost to one one like 31' tires:mad::mad::mad:)so they go to the suv class and i won 3rd place:D:Di didnt even have to open the hood or tailgate,he goes "i know its supercharged and we wanna see it next time":Dlol

so we leave and i drop the chic off and OF COURSE it starts to run on all 6 again(like 6hours later)so im pretty pissed and got SOME beers in me so i give it hell trying to see if it would go back to 5,nope never does.3 or 4 straight line burnouts(NOT POWER BRAKING) it still ran strong so figured i better go home before i end up in jail!!so im lost:(still need to pull the plugs and try to soak it down to find where the water is getting but it has been running right for two days:(

yea im proud of my 3rd place!!especially when i didnt even have to pop the hood
2012-06-27180246-1.jpg

]

AND WHY I DONT DO BURNOUTS WITH THESE TIRES
[/SIZE]
BEFORE

Untitled.jpg

AFTER:mad:
Untitled-1.jpg

:burnout::burnout:

That tire wear must put a tear in your eye.
Congrats on 3rd place!

Strange issue on the fouling. It sounds like more than a foul though if porcelin is cracking. Really strange.

That tire wear must put a tear in your eye.
Congrats on 3rd place!

Strange issue on the fouling. It sounds like more than a foul though if porcelin is cracking. Really strange.

Water sits in that area.the header flang blocks it from draining.it then heats up and steamship real bad,i think thays cracking them and causing a arc off the block.i run race plugs so they will foul real easy.but this is what i thought but last time i blew all the water out.

Back