• Register Today It's free!

3in. body lift question

RyanMc79

Reaction score
City, State
Muscle Shoals, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer Sport
I have a 99 explorer sport. I've ordered the PA#883 3in. body lift kit. Will the front and back bumper brackets from the kit work? And, will the Steering arm extension work? I've also read on here that I need to undo the tranny shift cable. Where is that located? Anybody have a picture of this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'm not sure about the brackets on a 99, but i know they did not work for my 95...
as for the steering extension, that did work on my 95...

I have the PA #833 kit on my '99 XLT, the front bumper brackets will bolt right up. For the rear you will have to modify or drill a hole in the frame. But you can make them work.

Here is a pic of the tranny shift cable located on the driver side of the tranny, below the driver's door.
Blue is the cable, Red is where to disconnect.

Attachments

• im001335small.jpg
    im001335small.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 423

99 explorer

Thanks David that picture and the info, it helps out alot. Hopefully I won't run into any problems. This is the first body lift I've ever installed, but this site has been very helpful. I'll let you know if I have another question, I'm sure I probly will run into something I'm unfamiliar with.

Thanks...

Did the Performance Accessories 883 body lift work on your 99 Sport explorer? Im looking to do the same lift.

first off, hats off to you for searching, but this thread is over 10 years old. as for it working, yes it will work.

first off, hats off to you for searching, but this thread is over 10 years old. as for it working, yes it will work.

Are you choking on the dust from this thread ? Lol

Thread May be old , But its here to Learn From ! .

Back