3in spindle and rear lift questions. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3in spindle and rear lift questions.

ExSport00

Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Explorer Sport
Ok getting ready to start buying lift parts for my 2000 2wd ex sport. Did alot of searching to figure out everything I need to do this right the FIRST time. I've gathered:

3in lift spindle(ranger spindle right?)
Grind steering stops or replace with ___??? After market? Ranger stops?

Read something about needed to use ranger rotors?

Brake line extenders

Only running 31x10.50s but planning on putting a more negative offset wheel as well, do I need to beef up tie rod ends?

I have bilstein 4600's that claim to be good for 0-3in lift. Is this true? Shock extenders needed?

And for the rear, I want to have it slightly lower than the front. Just barely noticeable, if that's not's too hard to attain. What I have now is the one leaf on each side with that 5 axel shim whatever stacked in there. Leaf under axel. I would really just like to buy two new 3 leaf packs, but dont know if they're going to be the 4 door length that will give me that close to to 2 inches of lift I keep hearing about. Any suggestions on what to do there? And then to get close to another inch out of it?

I apologize I know this is a lot but I've searched on here a good bit and just want to make sure I'm clear on what all I need to do because I don't like doing things like this twice. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

bump?

Back