3M Finish Restorer ROCKS! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3M Finish Restorer ROCKS!

I've been trying to figure out a way to restore my vehicles paint. I didn't want to spend the money to paint it because that would cost about what I paid for the vehicle and with my luck I would crash the day I got it from the paint shop. I have a 93 sport with original paint that the prior owners have neglected. I knew alone would not cut it. I started by giving it a good wash, still looked like crap. I then went on to use Mothers California Gold Clay Bar on my hood which was was rather rough and had oxidation all over it. These removed whatever particles were causing the hood to feel rough when running your hand over it however the hood still looked terrible. So I went to the tough box in the back of the X to see what I could use next. I found a bottle of 3M Body Repair Finish Restorer. I applied it to small sections of the hood and buffed it off. Other than some pretty good sized scratches and a few rock chips the paint on the hood is now looking like new again. I reccomend trying out the above products if you own an older model and it would not be cost effective to paint it. Works Great!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to worked out for you. Become elite so you can do a review in the review section. Also, possibly post some pictures of your hood :thumbsup:

-Drew

How do I post pictures?

since your not elite you would have to host them on a site like imageshack.us and then post the link to the pictures.

Rich

Ok, thanks Rich.
Hopefully this works. The hood and fender are completed, drivers door is opened to show difference in paint since I did not take a before picture.

Great! Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to have you on the site!

looks great can't wait to see a pic of the completed vehicle. How long did it take to do the fenders and hood?

-Rich

wow that looks sweet

it took probably about 45 minutes for the hood as it was pretty bad and about 15 minutes for the fender, i had to cut my work short today because it started to rain so I'm not sure when its gonna be done but I'll post a pic when it is

Back