3nd gen with 35 ? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3nd gen with 35 ?

Any rough estimates of what you will be charging for this kit, so i can can get an idea of how much i need to save lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any rough estimates of what you will be charging for this kit, so i can can get an idea of how much i need to save lol

Manufacturing costs are super high for these so far it is around $2400 to $2800 and I still need to deal with how I am going to do the upper control arms for the front to be bolt on in a factory position. I have some drawing ideas that may work.
Here are a few pictures of some of the brackets. These are final run what would be sold if I market these. These are several more brackets but this is what I have now. I though everyone would like a sneak peak. All designed by myself.
IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

What did you use to design it? Solidworks? Mastercam? Also, is that $2,x.. price with the control arms? Any chance you'd share your files with a broke college student who has access to a full agricultural engineering shop? (CNC, plasma, etc)?

That's really great work - reminds me of that RIZE kit for the 2nd Gen Expeds.

~$3k's really not bad though for an IFS/IRS 7" kit with a super limited market. The RIZE Exped kit is like $2500 retail.

Of course, for ~$3k, many people would want the option to use high quality offroad shocks/springs which isn't really an option re-using the stock stuff (as in no quality aftermarket that fits up to stock stuff).

EDIT - Do you know anybody nearby (or know of anyone nearby on the forums) that has a 4th Gen so you could test fit for them? The suspension is a lot alike, but I'm not sure they're exactly the same. That would definitely broaden up your potential client base.

wow great work buddy! this is your million dollar idea. keep up the great work and never give up!

Many search engines and robots cannot read Flash websites, therefore it really isn't an ideal solution at all if you want any kind of exposure...

It's not that hard to download a prefab template/script and install/modify it... I don't see anything custom mentioned :p

"Rotating Globe" Flash web site template, "Striking" wordpress template....

Many search engines and robots cannot read Flash websites, therefore it really isn't an ideal solution at all if you want any kind of exposure...

It's not that hard to download a prefab template/script and install/modify it... I don't see anything custom mentioned :p

"Rotating Globe" Flash web site template, "Striking" wordpress template....
Adobe's Wallaby is coming out soon so I'll be able to convert .fla files to html5, the template I used for the Tangible Asset Group site isn't fully compatible with Wallaby yet. I had an HTML site up for a while but I don't really need SEO (all my business is local/word of mouth) and people really seem to like flash sites. I can do designing/splicing in Photoshop and editing in dreamweaver but it's usually cheaper and easier to set people up with a CMS that they can modify themselves. I only charge $100 for WordPress solutions and $200 for flash template edits so it's not a lot of money but you'd be amazed at how many people are trying to have websites built.

Adobe's Wallaby is coming out soon so I'll be able to convert .fla files to html5, the template I used for the Tangible Asset Group site isn't fully compatible with Wallaby yet. I had an HTML site up for a while but I don't really need SEO (all my business is local/word of mouth) and people really seem to like flash sites. I can do designing/splicing in Photoshop and editing in dreamweaver but it's usually cheaper and easier to set people up with a CMS that they can modify themselves. I only charge $100 for WordPress solutions and $200 for flash template edits so it's not a lot of money but you'd be amazed at how many people are trying to have websites built.

The main reason people have web sites is so that they can be found on the web... You will be more successful if you drift away from relying on WYSIWYG editors like Dreamweaver and become familiar with web compliant language, so that more people can view your web sites. It's not about what's about to happen (HTML5), but making your web site visible by everyone (IE6+). Everything can (and should) be done with only Notepad and Photoshop.

If you go through the web's 100 most visited web sites, you'll notice that none of them integrate flash into their main design (even youtube doesn't). That's because you'll have ugly "install flash" boxes for people that don't have flash. I'd hate to know how long it takes your Flash web site to load on a dial up connection (yes, there's people that still use it).

And since you're not using any sort of SEO, you're really not giving your customers the full benefits of having a web site.

One of my most notable customers receives at least 1 new customer for his lawn maintenance once a week via his web site... and his business is located in a small town! He also had referred a tremendous amount of web design work.

I do offer SEO services (SEO plugins on WP sites, backlink building, etc) and manage advertising campaigns (ppc mostly), I meant I didn't need SEO on the Tangible Asset Group website since all my business is word of mouth. We're getting pretty off topic here, lol. :D

Bumping an old thread but his website is up and is flash based. Just thought it was funny enough to warrant a bump lol.

I just threw something together. I know Flash sucks but it was free and I wanted something up until I can get the final site up.

Flash doesn't "suck" it's just not really search engine optimization friendly. Let me know if you need help with a site or another guinea pig for that lift. I can machine/weld everything myself while I'm still in school if you hook it up with the solidworks/autocad/mastercam/whatever files (full agricultural engineering shop aka heavy duty **** :D).

i like the music, and if he sent you the details then you would be able to build yours without him, which means you could potentially use weaker metal and then put his name out there then people would not trust his product due to the failure of yours

keep your product to yourself, if he had those things then he could just fab up his own and put his name on it, love the music on the site, maybe someday i'll lift mine

if he sent you the details then you would be able to build yours without him, which means you could potentially use weaker metal and then put his name out there then people would not trust his product due to the failure of yours

lmao

Not sure if I am going to have time to finish getting this stuff into production I have been really busy with work and other stuff lately and had to put this on the back burner.

I may be willing to sell all of the details and CAD and DXF files to someone for $5500 who may want to take it the rest of the way. I have everything deatail in AutoCad for all of the parts and materials. I also have Nested DXF files for the Laser cutout of all of the flat peices. Enough to be able to send them to a vendor to have made.

Mine is on the road and is a blast to drive. I still have to get the final prototype on the truck I still have the first run on. This weekend I am putting the second run on the front and it will be a full 6" kit with 2" extra in spacer lift. for 8" total from stock. Same on the rear when I get time in the next few weeks. I am going to have to be creative in the option I offer with this kit because the cost to produce it as a full kit is right about what I was thinking about pricing them and thats no profit. These kits are not cheap because all of the bracketry and 4 control arms that are involved to make it work. I have so many hours/weeks involved in evolving the CAD drawings to get this to work. I may sell the flat pattern brackets and let the buyer form and weld them up and they can have someone like BTF build the control arms. This way I may be able to offer the kit cheaper to everyone.
e1e6ac5a.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

dbc76528.jpg

b7e01ee2.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

Are you selling this kit? I currently have the btf 3" body lift w upper control arms on 33" Nitto's id like to go a little bigger can someone help me?

Haven't seen those pics in a long time. Damn that explorer looks good.

Are you selling this kit? I currently have the btf 3" body lift w upper control arms on 33" Nitto's id like to go a little bigger can someone help me?

If you get fiberglass front fenders along with a strut spacer (2.25in), and rims with an offset of at least 0, preferable -12 > , you can fit 35's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back