3rd gen explorer suspension lifts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd gen explorer suspension lifts?

futureoffroader

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi, I just signed up here but I've been lurking for quite sometime. I know some of you will just get angry and claim that I haven't looked through the other threads, but that's not the case. I've been looking at getting an '04 Explorer XLT recently as a first car. However, I'm hesitant because I want to eventually lift it and add larger tires but can't seem to find a suspension lift anywhere and any of the older threads which seemed promising link to non existent pages or have been severely edited. So, I was just hoping that the wonderful people on this site could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Tl;dr: I can't find a suspension lift for 3rd gen explorers and the old threads aren't helpful.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was, tried diggin around for you a little, not sure who might make a lift for that year Explorer. Maybe one of the members will chime in for you.

Tony

Thanks. And I can only hope.

Try adding the phrase "btf spacers" to your search terms and I think you'll have better luck. If fitting larger tires is you goal, you might also consider a body lift.

Fitting bigger tires is one of my goals, however, I've only heard regrets from friends and family members of mine who have done body lifts. Plus, I was never personally a fan of how body lifts looked, always preferred it when you could see more easily under the truck.

in the 3rd gen forums... there is a sticky about lifts and how to do it. basically you can do spacers/ coils overs and body lift. or sas

Back