jyousef

Reaction score
City, State
chicago, il
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
need help! 3rd Gen. front OEM seat swap

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if it is an easy swap to install front leather OEM seats from cloth on 3rd generation XLT's? I want to see if everything will line up the same including bolt holes and seat rails. Any tips? :exp:

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know if the pad is the same but its not as hard as the 2nd gen. the 3rd gen did away with the hog rings

Whats a hog ring? Yes if you get 3rd gen ones they will match up. I'd like to do that with our '02 and get seats with the headrest.

a hog ring is a mettle ring that is used to fasten the seat cover to the seat pad

5.0 explorer said:
a hog ring is a mettle ring that is used to fasten the seat cover to the seat pad

I think he wants to do the entire seat. Not just the cover. Atleast doing the whole seat would be a lot easier!

Your right IAmTodd, I want to replace the whole seat. I hope it would bolt right in without any mods.

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has tried this?

Hi Everyone the Swap of seats were pretty easy. The passenger side went in without any mods, but the driver side needed some work. Since the new driver side leather seat came with memory seat option and my 02 xlt did not I had to make an adjustment. Basiclly what I had to do is swap the wire harness from my old cloth seats to my new leather seats. Pretty simple with some time and effort.

Thanks!

Back