3rd Gen Guy needs some help

Nickp_

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hello all of you 4th Genners,
I'm going to swap some 4th Gen mirrors onto my 3rd gen. From what a fellow 3rd gen guy did, it seems to be just plug- and- play. However, that isn't the point. I plan on getting power (and heated) mirrors from the 4th gen with puddle lights. Which trim levels, if not all, include all of these features? They look great on a 3rd gen, but I still want the functionality that I have right now. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My '07 Limited has power, heated, puddle mirrors...but they also have a chrome cap. I know you can get plain black ones (without a removable cap) with all the same options though.

My '07 Limited has power, heated, puddle mirrors...but they also have a chrome cap. I know you can get plain black ones (without a removable cap) with all the same options though.

Okay, and yeah I'm not sure about the chrome caps right now, because there's a set I can get for $40+ shipping. I have a black 02, which I'm planning on painting all black (getting rid of the Eddie Bauer Gold), so chrome would be ideal but probably expensive.

My XLT has the puddle lamps, but is not heated.

My XLT has the puddle lamps, but is not heated.
If u were to upgrade to the next gen mirror u can added a heated mirror and it will work
I just bought heated ones, the plug was the same (8 hole 6 pin I think), and I have LED puddle lights. They look great, thanks guys

Back