3rd Gen Off Road Light Pictures Wanted!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd Gen Off Road Light Pictures Wanted!!!!

RichCresci

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLS, 06 Mounty
I'm thinking of putting some lights on top of my 03 X and maybe a safari rack too. Anybody got any setups they wanna show off?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heres my light bar i made from the stock roof rack.
08012009082.jpg

08012009080.jpg

if you want more details let me know

man that thing looks tough macknos!! i like it.

I want a sunroof :(

i have to say i love having a sunroof but when i had the roof lights on and the sunroof open its blinding. simple fix to that was electrical tape the bottom of the light lense.

keep a look out for my thread to pop up again because when i return home in like 4 days the big projects start. on-board air compressor system,finish my pocket style flares, custom grill, tv screens getting installed, 70mm TB and plenum, lots of audio video and lighting, projector headlights and much much more. once summer hits hopefully i'll work something out with BTF for lower arms and a set of fox or king shocks up front

macknos.. what kind of bull bar is that? westin?

yeah its a westin safari bar and its up for sale if you are interested...i see your in delaware so maybe we can meet if you want it.

if you guys set up a meet count me in!
Posted via Mobile Device

yeah its a westin safari bar and its up for sale if you are interested...i see your in delaware so maybe we can meet if you want it.

macknos94, what do you want for the safari bar, and does it come with lights?

Even if a sell doesn't work out, I'm local and would like to take a look at your rig.

Thanks,
Tom

id be in to meet up just pm whenever you wanna. this rain is killing my work progress you the mountaineer but its getting there.

explorer12.jpg

i have hidden driving light behind the grille and two magnetic off road light on the roof

Hey Stanger, how well do those lights behind your grille illuminate? I have a set of 6" offroad lights just hangin around the garage and was thinking about installing them. I was just worried the stock grille being too bulky.

Hey Stanger, how well do those lights behind your grille illuminate? I have a set of 6" offroad lights just hangin around the garage and was thinking about installing them. I was just worried the stock grille being too bulky.

They light ok the grille doesn't effect them much. They are only 55w so the aren't extremely bright to begin with. I wouldn't put anything under 100w in if you want them to be functional.

stranger. where did you get the off road magnet lights. and how strong is the magnet? will they fly off at 75 mph?

stranger. where did you get the off road magnet lights. and how strong is the magnet? will they fly off at 75 mph?

its pretty strong but i dont trust them at high speeds i just put them up when i need them. the box says 50lbs of holding force. They held are held on by both magnets and suction. I just got them at advance auto.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cool bro. looks good

Back