3rd Gen Off Road Light Pictures Wanted!!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd Gen Off Road Light Pictures Wanted!!!!

they are still not showing up.
there is an insert image button 14 icons form the left it looking like a mountan.
u compy the direct link address to the insert image when a box pops up

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

alanthefishermen

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

/IMG_0085.jpg
IMG_0085.jpg

i like a lot. looks good

thanks i like yours too did you except my friend request it seems we have alot in common with cars lol

yes i did
what other mod are u going to do with ur x

air box mod next can you post pics of how you did yours?

heres the list of steps from start to finsh for the 02-03 model year...

1. unclip the 2 hooks on the side of the airbox, as if just replacing the air filter.

2. i would unbolt the top of the box from the MAF housing so you have easy access getting the bottom of the box out...

3. once you have the top of the airbox free, and removed the air filter. with a little bit of force just wiggle the bottom of the box to loosen the rubber gromets. there is 2 on the bottom of the box, and to on the passenger fender side of the box.

4. try to pull the box up from the bottom first, if you can, then once the bottom is free just lightly pulled the box away from the fender, and you should be free.

5. remove silencer ( 6'' tube ) sticking in/out of the box

6. i drilled holes about the size of a dime, in the front / fender side / rear of the box.

7. now the more you drill, the more air flow your going to get. i myself could drill more holes, but havent yet.

8. then reverse steps putting the box back together basically

i have only removed the silencer i wil be drilling holes over the summer

has removing the silencer done anything?

it feels like a little more power and i bet better mpg. and it sounds cool to when u floor it.with drilling holes should give u more all around plus with a k&n air filter i am still runing on a fram paper filter

yeah do you know how many mpg you get average?

im getting around 14 to 14.5 i would be getting better mpg but i just drive to and from school and friends houses she doesnt see the open road that much anymore

oh i get 18 lol i drive 15 miles to school im 18 senior in high school how old are you?

ya mine is like 10 miles with like 6 stop sings which really kill me i am 17 jr in high school

yeah once you get her going she doesn't want to stop lol what are your future mods?

body and spacer lift
33inch Mickey Thompson MTZ Traditional Radial
16inch Rock Crawler Series 52 Gloss Black Powder Wheel
custom roof rack that im mocking up this weekend
and add a new muffler but i cant find a nice sounding one with my v6 i wish i had a v8

im 17 an a jr also, and i wanna do basically everything you want explorerking01, but unfortunately other stuff came first on my spending list. and if you find a nice sounding exhaust let me kno cuz i have the v6 also

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

will do big shot

Back