Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 101 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A little better not enough to matter imo ... but I don't know if the price is any differnt between the two but the 255s are taller and skinnier

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the price is only like 10 dollar difference per tire. nothing too bad. But my main concern is the tire rubbing. Think if i went with a 265 70R16? instead of the 75R16? i wouldnt have rubbing on the inside of the tire?

Isn't the 70/75 the height of the tire? If so you would need a 255 because that would be a narrower tire

im not good with tires sizes...thats why i asked haha. But i think you're right. So i would go 255 75R16? Anyone who knows please help!! :)

im not good with tires sizes...thats why i asked haha. But i think you're right. So i would go 255 75R16? Anyone who knows please help!! :)

255-75/16 is a 31" tire and will work fine, 265-75/16 is 31.5" and the largest oversize that won't rub. That info is widely available in other threads, no need to derail this one!

255-75/16 is a 31" tire and will work fine, 265-75/16 is 31.5" and the largest oversize that won't rub. That info is widely available in other threads, no need to derail this one!

that is correct ... i was thinking on my tires (being on 17s) they are 32s

255/70/16
2011-05-1511-14155.jpg

2011-05-15114016.jpg

2011-05-15114250.jpg

ok sorry guys!

Gregor its all good ... that's what the forum is here for!!!

Gota love the forums!

Here's mine as of now.

IMG_0589.jpg

nice

Sweet rig.

it looks like those vht night shades or whatever its called

Just got my new General Grabber AT2 tires and Cragar soft 8 rims, putting them on tomorrow.

I'll post a pic once I get them on!

DSCN3069.jpg

.....:D
can't wait to see.

X2 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Locker install progress!

Tomorrow the newly regeared and aussie-locked diff goes into the truck :) Writeup will be posted this weekend.

It's been a great learning experience. Still have to swap in the new front axle before I can drive it but it shouldn't take as long as the rear has taken. I am more familiar with the front suspension and in a lot of ways it will be easier to work on than the rear. Hope to have the truck back up and running by saturday night.

Back