Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 124 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mc.Keef what paint did you use

I used the rust-oleum from auto zone, it's the gloss black trim paint then used a clear coat spray over it. It looks really good

Looking good guys!!!

I really need to get some updated pictures of mine. Nothing new has been done, but I want to meet with Tylers02 and get a few shots in.

I feel the same. I want to get some new shots done. But nothing new has been done exterior wise.

I did install a full stealth audio system, DVD in-dash, new door speakers, did a shallow mount 12" woofer in the rear floor in a custom made fiberglass enclosure. Can put the factory panels overtop and you can't even tell anything is installed. Perfectly hides three amps, power/ground distribution blocks and the sub. Was a lot of work, but sounds great.

-Strike-;278940/ said:
I did install a full stealth audio system, DVD in-dash, new door speakers, did a shallow mount 12" woofer in the rear floor in a custom made fiberglass enclosure. Can put the factory panels overtop and you can't even tell anything is installed. Perfectly hides three amps, power/ground distribution blocks and the sub. Was a lot of work, but sounds great.

Can you post some pictures?

Sure :D it's also in the Audio forum;

AVH.jpg

Build1.jpg

Build2.jpg

Build3.jpg

Build4.jpg

Build5.jpg

Build6.jpg

Build7.jpg

Build8.jpg

Build9.jpg

Build10.jpg

Build11.jpg

Build12.jpg

Build13.jpg

All KnuKoncepts wiring 1/0 Power/ground, Knu battery terminals 4 Gauge to the amps, power distrib. block, ground dist block, 12 gauge speaker wire. 2 and 4 Channel RCA's, And big 3 upgrade.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
Pioneer GM-D8500M 1200W Mono Amplifier
Pioneer TS-SW3001S2 2Ohm 1500w 12" Shallow Mount woofer
Infinity Kappa 682.9CF Component door speakers

Old School Amps for the components, I want to get a Kappa Four;

Rockford Fosgate 120.2 for the front door speakers
Rockford Fosgate 201S 600w max - 100w RMS x 2 @ 2 Ohm for the Rear door speakers

Haha, that's insane. A lot of sound pressure for sure. Doesn't even look like the subs are moving much!

Mr.Wiggles- thats a nice setup! how fast will that port break a cd into pieces? my friend has 2 12" w7's in a G6 powered by a rockford T2500 and the cd gets obliterated the second it hits the port lol

-Strike- -thats awesome how you hid all of that and you still have a functional cargo room. Great work!

I'll probably have similar results, but the subs could use a better amp... Whenever I can spare some cash, I'll probably pick up another t2, rockford 2500, and a better alternator.

Strike- You did a great job on that stereo work, looks awesome!!

Nice!!! Police Intercepter look, sweet.

Thanks. Just got my Eaton Elocker in. Couple of months and Ill put some strobes, wig wags and a siren

Got a new battery put in..normally I would be too excited about this but its this one..http://www.kinetikpower.com/2009/product.asp?P=KHC2400&C=1
my old battery had 850 cranking amps, my new one has 2600..hopefully it will be enough power ;)
Also getting my Python remote start put in, and my HID roof lights will be going up soon!

Thanks guys, it sounds as good as it looks. I have a few rattles to work out in the panels and amp rack, but that's to be expected. But other than that it plays pretty damn loud. I'm really impressed with the amplified Kappa door speakers, talk about sound quality.

They are off of a 2004 Crown Vic Police Interceptor. Sandblasted and painted. They have the same bolt pattern and hub diameter at the X rims, but they have a higher offset, so it looks a little bit wider.

Crrid, looks good. Are those 16's? And it looks like you re used your stock xls center caps?

And I think you meant a lower offset :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup 16's, stock center caps from my aluminum rims. And lower** offset ;)

Back