Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 127 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos 3rd gen pic's

what do yall think. it cost $10 cheap mod
I like the idea of it. :thumbsup: I'm more biased to doing that in black. lol
Honestly, I think it'd look best if you did that in addition to doing the same to the upper and lower grille.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ohhh i like it explorerking, what type of material is that?

NHarris i will be adding grills to the top and bottom, im still looking for a piece of metal that is big enough.

43 i got the expanded sheet from Lowes

how did you mount the sheets exactly? i like that look. maybe spray painted black for me though

it took the plastic covers off.
b10a9936.jpg
and used original mounting holes from the plastic covers.
i have 2 screws that attach onto the expanded metal
915f5072.jpg

35f4194f.jpg

I like the look, ive actually wanted to do this to mine, i know you said lowes but every time i look they dont have that stuff, and im not sure i wanna use the gutter stuff, what section were you in

College Student when i go back to lowes tomorrow i will look what section it is in. home depot also has it too

College Student when i go back to lowes tomorrow i will look what section it is in. home depot also has it too

did you cut that metal down to perfect shape?

Looks like a projector retro-fit i think.

ya its almost the exact shape of the plastic covers. i did have to trim some in some areas ill take some more pictures this afternoon for yall

ya its almost the exact shape of the plastic covers. i did have to trim some in some areas ill take some more pictures this afternoon for yall

Thanks man

alright guys i went with the black and it looks awesome.

IMG_2101.jpg

i used spray bed liner instead of black spray paint b/c i didnt want the paint to flack off.
IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

Great pic, I just love looking at cars that bead water so well.

Thanks! That was actually before I even washed it, beads up even better!!! I do the basic two bucket method and then use Turtle Wax-Wax as you Dry when drying it off. Does a great job making the black pop and holds up to the weather fairly well.

alright guys i went with the black and it looks awesome.

IMG_2101.jpg

i used spray bed liner instead of black spray paint b/c i didnt want the paint to flack off.
IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

Looks great!!! I'm tempted to say paint your grill black too...

Looks great!!! I'm tempted to say paint your grill black too...

im going to make a custom grill just like the fog light grills

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im going to make a custom grill just like the fog light grills

I've considered doing that myself, but Street Scence makes a similar grill and I'll more likely go that route, even though making my own would be A LOT cheaper. Maybe after you do yours(with a write-up;)) it'll motivate me to do the same.

I'm just worried the wire gauge of what you are using might flex a little on such a large opening, but then again I haven't really messed with what you are using so I can't say for sure.

Back