Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 146 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

6a6jb.jpg

Rims painted with Plasti Dip.

What do you guys think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice work guys, wish I had known you were going to paint that roof rack I would have traded you a black one. I would love to have a silver one for the wifes Mounty.
Stu

nice work guys, wish i had known you were going to paint that roof rack i would have traded you a black one. I would love to have a silver one for the wifes mounty.
Stu

x2

6a6jb.jpg

Rims painted with Plasti Dip.

What do you guys think?

Im not huge on black wheels so not much on advise there but it does look like you put tome into it. If you ever take it off let me know Im worried itll ruin the wheels or wont come off

Nice work guys, wish I had known you were going to paint that roof rack I would have traded you a black one. I would love to have a silver one for the wifes Mounty.
Stu

x3!

Im not huge on black wheels so not much on advise there but it does look like you put tome into it. If you ever take it off let me know Im worried itll ruin the wheels or wont come off

big ups, everyone has different tastes. Plasti- Dip as far as i know will not ruin your wheels. Plasti Dip is latex coating so if i want to take it off it just peels off. The texture is kind of like a balloon.

bboymime, you have my dream explorer!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: how did you do the snorkel?

bboymime, you have my dream explorer!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: how did you do the snorkel?
I just ordered the snorkel top, asked my mechanic to build me the rest, and he did lol. He had to cut a hole into the frame, but made sure he didn't go near any welds. He had to also cut into the top part of the front right tire so the PVS would go through. He didn't replace the airbox either. It now has a cold ram air effect. I think he did an excellent job.

Do you have more pics of the snorkel bboymime?

You X looks pretty awesome...:thumbsup:

explorer.jpg

explorer1-1.jpg

explorer2-1.jpg

explorer3-1.jpg

IMG00021-20111124-1218.jpg

Nice looking x. What size wheels amd tires r those

Cool pics dirtball! how do those mud tires do in the sand?

They are awesome! I air down and go everywhere I want. The sand there isnt like beach sand, its sooo much more fine then that, its like powder. But the tires do wonderful.

Dirtball, you make me jealous! I was born in San Diego, and have ALWAYS wanted to go back and visit.

Dirtball, you make me jealous! I was born in San Diego, and have ALWAYS wanted to go back and visit.

My dad just moved there... Makes me want to drive over and stop everywhere otw...

If you do decide to, check this website out: http://www.10best.com/

You can punch in all the main cities you are going through and it will tell you all the best scenic areas, restaurants and ect. I use it every time I travel to find awesome places to visit and see!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice pics...Glamis on turkey day?

Nice looking x. What size wheels amd tires r those
I believe those are 285/75R16 Cooper STT's Mounted on 16x8 series 101 eagle alloys

I love your trailer its just what I'm making...
In pic 3 I spy a skid plate... Where and how because I need one:D

I believe he had Brandon from BTF fabricate the skid plate and mount for him. There is some more pics of it further down this thread iirc.

Back