Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 150 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

so my dad works at a collision repair shop as an estimator and he had a guy trying to get rid of these yesterday so he grabbed em for me.
there is only one dent on the other rock slider that isnt shown
IMAG0123.jpg

rock slider fo freh? great success. will be my next project after christmas and the holidays!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so my dad works at a collision repair shop as an estimator and he had a guy trying to get rid of these yesterday so he grabbed em for me.
there is only one dent on the other rock slider that isnt shown
IMAG0123.jpg

rock slider fo freh? great success. will be my next project after christmas and the holidays!

Niiiiice. I like.

What is the distance from the ground to the bottom of the trim? And can you take a pic of the rear so I can see the space between the back bumper and the hitch?

What is the distance from the ground to the bottom of the trim? And can you take a pic of the rear so I can see the space between the back bumper and the hitch?

40" from the ground to the bottom edge of the trim as measured at center wheel. In the rear its like 40.25"

No gap between the bumper cover and hitch...I made brackets to move the hitch up 3" and its still strong enough to tow with.

Cause I like the stance. I just am not a fan of the gap it leaves, was planning on getting the biggest spacers available from BTF. Not sure if it is gonna be enough for what I want, did you need to extend anything?

Thanks! If you use rear bumper brackets you won't have a gap. It will look just like stock.
I think the biggest spacers advisable are 2.25/1.75. If you want to keep what little articulation that the suspension has already then the most you should probably do is 1.25
front and rear. Any more than that is going to result in less downtravel the higher you go. 1.75/1.5 is a decent compromise but still has its drawbacks. I never extended anything but I am about to make some extended swaybar links to see if it is beneficial.

Was not sure if the speed sensor would stretch enough or not. What body lift did you use? And how much was it, and the brackets?

Niiiiice. I like.

me too. will be getting together with Nice59FordF100 soon to get them mounted, will update this with pics as i go along!

Was not sure if the speed sensor would stretch enough or not. What body lift did you use? And how much was it, and the brackets?

The speed sensor cables reached just fine for me. I used Performance Accessories PA 883 kit. Though Summit Racing does make their own version (SUM-7888300) which is the same exact thing as the PA kit just in a different box.

The PA kit seems to have prices all over the map but look around and you can get it for 160 or less. The summit kit is also 160.

Being that the kit is for a Ranger and not specific to our trucks not all the parts included are needed or will work. The front bumper brackets do. For the rear bumper just make your own brackets out of 2 pieces of 1/4" steel plate 5"x8" in size. Drill 2 sets of holes in the same pattern that the rear hitch uses, just 3" apart from each other. Other than that you just need to cut away some metal from the lower lip of the hitch mounting brackets so the hitch can be moved up...easily done with a dremel or air grinder. Then buy a couple of grade 8 bolts to bolt the hitch to the brackets...and use the OEM hardware to bolt the brackets to the frame.

You could also just flip the bumper over and reinstall since that will make it line up if you dig out some of the impact foam.

This thread is a great source of info:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219234

I thought about it when I first started the Harley make over, but decided to do it with the bedliner paint istead. As I thought about it, I did not want it to chip the first dirt road. The trim use to be grey.

Thought about it, but the clean look is groing on me. After I get the whole body redone I am going to put the "Harley-Davidson" under the cab windows where the f series has it on the truck bed, but they cost $30 so I don't want to aplly it, than have to re apply it later. Just hope Harley nor Ford tries to sue me for it! Lol

Zack, you should tape off your cobras and do and paint just to outer ring/lip orange, its subtle, but will set off the rims better

Ya know steve, I thought about doing the "star" part orange, but that prob would not look too bad. Have to wait a little while tho, my gf is getting upset that I am painting parts in the house! LMAO!

Pics

I wish I had my 4" lift done but the coast guard has me so busy that I cannot do any more work on it but I did have enough time to make spacers 2" in front 2.5" in rear with 33" toyo's with 16x9 wheels.
323.jpg

322.jpg

319.jpg

318.jpg

317.jpg

your sure giving n.gardner a run for his money on that front bumper lol. both bumpers look good! is there a bodylift on that truck too?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mean motor scooter of a front bumper man:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back