Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

carpet your box bro lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

only had my ex for like 3 weeks i ran outa money after the wheels n sub im gettin it rino lined on payday

finally got some pics of my ex..just had her painted...cant really tell from these pics but its graphite black now...

Attachments

• IMG00010-20100514-1719.jpg
    IMG00010-20100514-1719.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 5,063
  • IMG00011-20100514-1719.jpg
    IMG00011-20100514-1719.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 4,219
  • IMG00012-20100514-1720.jpg
    IMG00012-20100514-1720.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 4,010
  • IMG00013-20100514-1720.jpg
    IMG00013-20100514-1720.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 4,090

finally got some pics of my ex..just had her painted...cant really tell from these pics but its graphite black now...

Haha....been waiting for these...and worth the wait too.

:thumbsup:

thats sick man. looks mean.

DUDE! how the hell do you have projectors in your headlights lol? do mine for me?? hah

seriously let me know how did you get it done- I would love to have projectors and HIDs on my explorer.

You need 4th gen mirrors!

i drove my friends 4th gen explorer and didnt like the mirrors....they way i was driving and looking out of them they were a little wierd...maybe its mee who knows....i actually always wanted aviator mirrors

looks real good man! i like that color. :)

Not8taxi - Is your Ex lowered? If so which springs. And what size Cobra rims are those? 17s or 18s?

Sweet ride!!

I have a 3rd and 4th Gen. Mounty. I love the look of the 4th mirrors but the 3rd are much more user friendly. They 4ths have worse blind spot. I cut over on a car on the interstate a while back because of it. Not really a close call but still I cut them off a bit. I have thought about some of the square "blindspot" mirrors to put in the bottom corner of them. Not really stylish but functional.

STU

Not8taxi - Is your Ex lowered? If so which springs. And what size Cobra rims are those? 17s or 18s?

Sweet ride!!

lowered on ground force springs with kyb struts...17in oem cobra wheels off the 03 04 cobra

lowered on ground force springs with kyb struts...17in oem cobra wheels off the 03 04 cobra

How do you like the shock/spring setup?

Also, if you haven't already, I'd get a clear bra put on the front to protect that new paint job. Ride looks great and keep it up!

How do you like the shock/spring setup?

Also, if you haven't already, I'd get a clear bra put on the front to protect that new paint job. Ride looks great and keep it up!

its a stiff ride but overall i like itt

Lookin good guys

sorry about the pics being so big... but here's mine

100_2758.jpg

100_2800.jpg

100_2450.jpg

100_2543.jpg

100_2551.jpg

100_2807.jpg

100_2802.jpg

my '04 down at Silver Creek outside Richmond, KY

04X20.jpg

04X13.jpg

04X45.jpg

B-Rob, how did you mount the fogs in the tow hook space? I want to do that but haven't figured out how do go about it. Nice looking Ex, by the way. :salute:

Running boards

My 02 Explorer XLT… nothing too special about it & the pictures aren’t all that great either…

Things I’ve done to the exterior:

* Installed a set of OEM 17” chrome rims (originals pretty chipped & oxidized)
* Installed a set of Cooper Discoverer ATR 265-70’s (they replaced a set of 245’s)
* Removed OEM step-bars (starting to rust & never used them anyways)
* Removed OEM roof-rack (never use it & was curious about the look)
* Covered the cracked lift gate with a color matching plastic panel I made
* Added a bug-guard
* Added vent-shades

Things I’ve done that don’t show:

* K&N cold air kit
* Flowmaster 40 series
* Removed all 3 CATs (main one was shot anyways)
* Brown Wire Mod (BWM)
* Alpine head unit (have an iPod to plug in)
* Rockford Fosgate amp
* Memphis 12” sub (1 in a custom box… running OEM door speakers with most of their bass turned off)

And here she is:

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

OLD4.jpg

Did you have to modify anything when removing the running boards?

Or did you just unbolt and remove? Please let me know as to I need to do this to my x to make it look better and have better ground clearance. I heard somewhere that you have to plug up the holes that are left from where the running boards used to be.

IMG00254-20100601-2020.jpg

2004 V6 4x4 XLT

55watt 6k HID lows
15% tint up front
5% window strip
blacked out corners/tails/3rd brake light
tinted license plate covers
Alpine headunit
12' Type-R in the back (3rd row folded down)
Roof-rack delete

looks good wbrudi. sometimes I wish i didnt have fender flares, but i don like the mud flap lookin thing in the back

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah thanks man! i used your advice to get the rack off so props to you

and i'm not sure why i have no fender flares...not that i care because i like it without them as its more of a street look but i have the hood deflector, window guards and leather interior?

Back