Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 222 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is really the best shot of it I have for right now.

DSC_1341_zpsf9393b27.jpg

I must say I'm very jealous. Nice explorer what are your next plans?

I must say I'm very jealous. Nice explorer what are your next plans?

Nothing really til tax time. Once I get my tax check, I will be two toning the truck black and silver. I might do rain guards, but I'm afraid it will kill the looks of it. I really want to drop it and throw a line of fire under the hatch too. Lowering it is the last of my worries though. Top priority is getting it repainted.

Silver on top or bottom? And I feel you on the rain guards. I want them then I think about how much of a problem my parents are, then I'll end up wanting them again. Endless cycle of things I wanna do then talk myself out of doing.

As an X update. Yesterday I thought I rammed a hole in the back hatch, after hitting the tree in my path out to the street. Thought oh S*** there's a tree back there, hit the brakes heard it make noise as it hit. pulled forward to assess the damage. Pleased to find not even a scratch. Sounded horrible though.

Silver on top or bottom? And I feel you on the rain guards. I want them then I think about how much of a problem my parents are, then I'll end up wanting them again. Endless cycle of things I wanna do then talk myself out of doing.

As an X update. Yesterday I thought I rammed a hole in the back hatch, after hitting the tree in my path out to the street. Thought oh S*** there's a tree back there, hit the brakes heard it make noise as it hit. pulled forward to assess the damage. Pleased to find not even a scratch. Sounded horrible though.

Silver on bottom. If I did black on bottom it would be too much with the black wheels. I need to figure out a way to fix my steps. I hate how the actual black piece is wavy. Not sure what causes that, but it drives me nuts.

And you my friend got lucky then.

Very lucky, I think maybe the noise was a branch scrapping the window. I checked everything. Top was fine no new dents on the hatch (there is a small one there not sure when it showed up). I've since decided that I'm not gonna cut down the apple tree instead I'll park in a different spot or I'll work on where I park vs. where my gf parks so that I can make the curve around the tree.

What black piece are you speaking of?

What black piece are you speaking of?
Like the step itself. You look at mine, I have the color matched step and then you have the black plastic piece on the step. If you look at it you can tell its wavy. I can't stand it.

Oh yeah I know what you mean. I think its just dirt and rock build up. I think I've looked in the past. I believe the black piece unscrews and lifts off.

I started putting some lights on the new roof rack.
IMG_0972_zps535a581c.jpg

IMG_0973_zpsbc7e5a5e.jpg

Damn that thing looks mean.....

its been a while since I put of pics of mine
saikbjhu_zps66d19ace.jpg

kn_zps18086c58.jpg

gv_zps3837d043.jpg

Spent today working on my cluster. Did all LED lights and then added a blue tint to everything. Came out pretty good. I tried to take pictures of the turn signals and everything else but they are to bright to the point their a giant blur on camera but look good in person.
photo26.jpg

Spent today working on my cluster. Did all LED lights and then added a blue tint to everything. Came out pretty good. I tried to take pictures of the turn signals and everything else but they are to bright to the point their a giant blur on camera but look good in person.
photo26.jpg

What did you use to tint it blue

My New Explorer

Well, I finally had to retire the '99. :( Front end is completely shot, although this makes for the perfect opportunity for an SAS :) In the meantime, however, I picked up my new 2003 XLT/NBX 4.6L. Here's what she looks like the day I brought her home. (two days ago, in fact).

today001u.jpg

Well, I finally had to retire the '99. :( Front end is completely shot, although this makes for the perfect opportunity for an SAS :) In the meantime, however, I picked up my new 2003 XLT/NBX 4.6L. Here's what she looks like the day I brought her home. (two days ago, in fact).

Sweet looking Ex. :eek: I love that color!!

Nice to see another NBX, not much of a difference in appearance from a non-NBX really, but it's nice to see someone else with one regardless. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its growing on me...

Sweet looking Ex. :eek: I love that color!!

Yeah, its growing on me, and it did have the NBX roof rack, but its a theft recovery and the rack and windows were trashed. But since I work at a salvage yard, the parts were readily available and it cleaned up well. And I got it for a great price, so there will be mods soon :)

Back