Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 23 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Nice Ex. I really like the color!

Thanks when I bought it I wasn't a big fan but it was by far the best x for my money. It's growing on me the red looks good in all weather even hides dirt pretty well ( to an extent).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks when I bought it I wasn't a big fan but it was by far the best x for my money. It's growing on me the red looks good in all weather even hides dirt pretty well ( to an extent).

Nice looking X. I have to disagree a little bit on red hides dirt, cause my 98's red shows the dirt real easy. But, here in North Ogden, get a lot of "mud rain". My 98 X looks brown or tan after getting rained on. I'll post up a picture of my 05 X when I get the billet grille on there.
But the colors Red and gray on there look good together. Your X has the rims that I want for mine :)

Maybe its this new york rain it eats the dirt off the car haha. I liked these rims in photos but when you look at them the center caps are all chipped on all 4 corners and the guy gouged a side of it on a curb.

Center caps aren't too hard to get replaced. I hate what happend to my 98's rims. The finish on the wheels started chipping off-so from a distance they look good, but up close they look like crap. I should replace them, but would rather spend that money for rims on my 05 X.

I was looking at some junked rubi wheels or some cragar soft 8's yea my rims the caps are messed up and the rim that touches the cap almost like people chipped the rim with a screw driver taking off the caps then it oxidized or i'm not sure what it's called.

cket"></a>

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg
IMG_0075.jpg

Sorry about all the other posts here are my hidden off road lights on my 2002 xlt

Well here's the latest addition to my explorer. A billet Grille!! :)
I had to do some modifications to get the holes to align, but it looks good. Everytime I take it on a road trip the stock grille is going back on. My stock grille has a ton of rock chips on it...Don't want my billet grille to look like that.
The camera messed up the look towards the center. I'll take some better pictures after I wash it, and get some better lighting.
Before (Billet Grille):
copy001.jpg

After
3copy.jpg

Should I get the lower billet insert?

Here is my 03 XLT. Saving up to get the front windows tinted and lights for the brush guard:

IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5913.jpg

just felt like taking a quick blackberry shot of the X...

explorer.jpg

I have a stupid question and here is not the place for it, but there are two examples directly above. Why does the back tire/wheel on caldwells appear to be forward? If you look at zpaperboys, it appears to be centered in the wheel well, but for some reason caldwells appears to be slightly forward. Mine is like that too, and i was just wondering why.

Here's my beast.

SAM_0145.jpg

SAM_0142.jpg

Head Unit.

IMG_0326.jpg

Front stage. Alpine Type-X.

018.jpg

Sub and Amps.

IMG_0378.jpg

I have a stupid question and here is not the place for it, but there are two examples directly above. Why does the back tire/wheel on caldwells appear to be forward? If you look at zpaperboys, it appears to be centered in the wheel well, but for some reason caldwells appears to be slightly forward. Mine is like that too, and i was just wondering why.

It's just a photographic illusion. Mine's not centered either. drives me nuts.

KSTRAYHORN...

I think the reason the rear wheel is slightly forward on our 3rd gens, is because of how the suspension travels... i think when the suspension is compressed the wheels travel slightly up, and backwards into the wheel well...

i believe i read that somewhere a few monthes back, but am not 100%...

resume the pics...

Northern...
Thanks man, Your X looks good. I'll have to see if I can find some of those clear corners. I found some on Amazon for $48 a pair, I'll have to wait until I have some more spare money laying around. :)
See if I can find some towards the end of the year... Maybe then with thanksgiving, christmas (too far away to even mention) there will be some sales on these items.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I bought the clear corners from ebay here at...

And I bought the chrome bulbs from ebay here at...

Thanks. I appreciate the help. I'm going to have to get some of those soon. They are a better price than the amazon ones I was looking at. Those clear corners clean up the look nicely. Looks better than the stock corners.
And for anyone looking to spend some money on an explorer, two concepts are up for auction:
The Explorer Urban Concept
2002exp_front.jpg

The Explorer Sportsman Concept (never thought this one was actually built)
Ford-Explorer-Sportsman-Concept-Front.jpg

Back