Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 232 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who said you need a lot of lift to fit big tires?
IMAG0067.jpg

Mustang GT 17x8, 315/70r17 BFG A/Ts

nice!, what off set are the wheels btw, i would love 315's on my explorer after a spacer lift and 1.5" body like yours :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The silver rims are off a mustang gt(year unkown) 17x8, +24 offset, 5.5" backspacing and the black rims are off a mustang cobra(1995) 17x9, +24 offset, 6" backspacing.

I think people will have issues running 315s on rims with less than +12 offset. The maximum offset would be +25, any higher and the back tires sidewalls would rub the body inside the fenderwell

IMAG0085.jpg

check the registry

For Vera?

IMAG0085.jpg

check the registry

Looks good, I think the biggest I am going to go with is a 285/75/16, but only after I get my 4.56 gears installed.

Here's a couple pics I took of the Explorer.
DSCN0009_zps985296c7.jpg

DSCN0010_zps4e87b816.jpg

What I've done so far:
-Clarion Head Unit
-Rockford Fosgate Powered Subs
-4 Kenwood C6893PS Door Speakers
-5000k HID Headlights
-Billet Grille
-Bug Deflector
What I want to do:
-3000k Fog Lights
-Either remove running boards or put some black westin nerf bars on? (Thoughts)
-Get the gray trim painted black trim? (Thoughts)
-Get cross bars and a roof rack
-I can't get a lift but I want to maximize the tire size, how big can I go with stock? (Thoughts)
-Blacked Out Taillights

Let me know what you guys think!
I took my running boards off, it was a total of 6 bolts or so per side, kind of hard if youre not well prepared youll need some extentions for sure
tires, i just slapped some 265/75/16's on mine, no rub at all... Ill post some pics in my thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376335 soon for you to see
Everything you have done looks good, and I want to do about all the same with mine as you are with yours!

Looks good, I think the biggest I am going to go with is a 285/75/16, but only after I get my 4.56 gears installed.

Exactly what I'm running. Awesome combo!

Looking good Hbrichman, how do those grabbers like the snow?

Whats covered in mud and leaks gas like a stuck pig? Guess cement blocks covered in mud dont mix with plastic gas tanks... thank goodness for a $15 harbor freight plastic welder. Worked great. Might be time to invest in skidplates...
imagejpeg_2_5.jpg

Whats covered in mud and leaks gas like a stuck pig? Guess cement blocks covered in mud dont mix with plastic gas tanks... thank goodness for a $15 harbor freight plastic welder. Worked great. Might be time to invest in skidplates...
imagejpeg_2_5.jpg

Glad you could get it patched up and fixed! Looks like you put that exploder to use!

Done at last. Just a few more small things left for tonight.

ForumRunner_20121223_140441.png

Glad you could get it patched up and fixed! Looks like you put that exploder to use!
That i do... But no more "use" for a couple weeks. Got skidplates, front struts, and a 1.5in body lift to do and i finally cleaned the mud out of places i didnt even know my exploder had haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Done at last. Just a few more small things left for tonight.

View attachment 72031

Hey how do you like those projector halo fogs? Do they have a clean cutoff and good output?the halos any good? Ive been thinking about a projector retro for my fogs with 3k hids but this would be soo much easier.

Back