Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 36 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Crappy Iphone pic and my tires aren't shined up in this one, but I'll have some better ones later. Believe it or not, the real custom and impressive parts of this ride are the interior and A/V system.

My 2004 XLS...

Your XLS looks awesome! Paint Jobs looks great and so do the rims! :thumbsup:

Havent driven the car in a couple weeks because of the Prius :( however I took a picture the other day after washing and waxing it.

IMG_0274.jpg

explorer.jpg

20% on the fronts...

Crappy Iphone pic and my tires aren't shined up in this one, but I'll have some better ones later. Believe it or not, the real custom and impressive parts of this ride are the interior and A/V system.

My 2004 XLS...

Real nice....I see you reused you stock fender trim....did you smooth it out? And did the new bumper line up properly with the stock trim? (ie slight mis-alignment)?

explorer.jpg

20% on the fronts...

Looks really nice. Just wondering how much you paid for the tints because I was thinking about getting mine done darker than what came on the car.

Real nice....I see you reused you stock fender trim....did you smooth it out? And did the new bumper line up properly with the stock trim? (ie slight mis-alignment)?

Ya, after several shops told me they wouldn't mess with smoothing out my fenders, side moulding, cowl, and mirrors, I found a guy that said he would do it. They turned out perfect. He did tell me it was way more work than he expected. As far as alignment of the pieces, it's as good as stock (which was not perfect to begin with).

I paid 70$ for the front windows...

prices will vary pending different shop prices...

I got my new billet grille today....I switched over to black! My upper billet grille got badly damaged a few days ago so I decided to replace the set. I'm going to sand blast my lower grille and see if I can paint it black to match :)

I uploaded better pics, see post: 835
I'll get some better pics tomorrow.

Nate, I like the black. You keeping the '05 or selling it?

Rock20.jpg

Went camping this weekend. The pup was ready to go home.

Nate, I like the black. You keeping the '05 or selling it?

Probably keeping it. I can't get the money put in to it back. That was the goal. I bought it at $13200 and but with about $2k worth of work, aprrox $300 in accessories. So I'd want at least $14k for it and looking at value reports I'd only be able to get $11k-$12600 :rolleyes:. Just better to hold on to it for now. I'm not wanting to lose money in such a short time. And I realize in the end I will lose money, but I may as well get the use out of it.
I think adding some black headlights and corner lights would really finish off the look on the front. But I do need a paint job on the bumper. The used car dealer did a cheap paint job and the paint is now peeling 'cause of improper prep work.

Rock20.jpg

Went camping this weekend. The pup was ready to go home.
Good looking X! :thumbsup: I never noticed your dog until I read the text below the pic. :p:

Probably keeping it. I can't get the money put in to it back. That was the goal. I bought it at $13200 and but with about $2k worth of work, aprrox $300 in accessories. So I'd want at least $14k for it and looking at value reports I'd only be able to get $11k-$12600 :rolleyes:. Just better to hold on to it for now. I'm not wanting to lose money in such a short time. And I realize in the end I will lose money, but I may as well get the use out of it.
I think adding some black headlights and corner lights would really finish off the look on the front. But I do need a paint job on the bumper. The used car dealer did a cheap paint job and the paint is now peeling 'cause of improper prep work.

Glad you're keeping it. Good luck with getting it back to shape. Definitely go with the black grills.

Good looking X! :thumbsup: I never noticed your dog until I read the text below the pic. :p:
I just noticed the dog too!

Nate,

Black Headlights ??? YES !!!!!!!

Eh why not, here's my X. Just joined last week and I am already hooked on this place.

Just placed my order with Brandon at BTF for some lift spacers, she's currently in the garage all torn apart awaiting some new parts, lift and tires for this winter. :D

Truck2.jpg

Truck1.jpg

Strike, Great looking Explorer. First snow pic I've seen on here in a while. Make sure to post up a picture when you get the lift on it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, Nate. Those were photos taken last winter, not near as much snow as we're expecting to get this year. I'll be sure to put up some photos after the lift and tires. The new tires should and will definitely be better than the worn out OEM Rugged Trails in the snow, I almost always went sideways while turning, even at low speeds. hah

Such a clean looking grille. I can't wait to start adding minor accessories the X to give it more of a personal touch, just gives me so many ideas of options.

Back