Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 40 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No rubbing at all :) Its not too much larger of a tire. Just approx 1.5" more in ground clearance. Here's the pic. I'll take a pic of the whole truck when I get the time. I was told by one of the mechanics my TPMS was busted on the rear driver wheel (last owner and walmart's fault). As long as it passes safety inspection I don't really plan on replacing it. Great price on these tires. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Can't wait to see whole truck with the new sneakers!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There won't be rubbing at all i have 245/65/R17 from the factory lol you'll be fine!

Those are some nice looking tires. I may have to look at those I am due a set soon.I have 255/70 r16 on mine it has never rubbed.
STU

Nate,

you picked up 1.5'' of ground clearance from 245/70's ????

man those other tires must have been oober bald lol

Well here is a recent pic of my ex. I got hit by a female officer while on the way to school yesterday morning.

Attachments

• IMG00036.jpg
    IMG00036.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,984

Done a good job on that one. You didn't get the ticket did you?

STU

Nate,

you picked up 1.5'' of ground clearance from 245/70's ????

man those other tires must have been oober bald lol

Or maybe these tires have a lot of tread :) Thats what I measured. Went from 9" to about 10.5" from the frame to the ground

Nope no ticket for me. She hit me as soon as I was going when the light turned green. I didn't even make it halfway through the intersection

Zoso - ouch :(

Nate - nice !

73152_737113791219_32804317_40840255_2683042_n.jpg

I posted about it in the audio&nav thread, but the 3rd gen picture thread is my home. Feels better posting it here.

20" LCD, DVD in the head unit + RCA plate in the rear of the center console for 2nd AUX input.

Can't see out of the rear view mirror at all when it is down, so I set a button for the reverse camera to turn on on the front 7" LCD so I can see behind me. Kinda disorienting because the rear view camera has 170º field of vision, which is pretty much fish eye.

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the camera to overexpose an f/stop when the sun is behind me in the sky?

No rubbing at all :) Its not too much larger of a tire. Just approx 1.5" more in ground clearance. Here's the pic. I'll take a pic of the whole truck when I get the time. I was told by one of the mechanics my TPMS was busted on the rear driver wheel (last owner and walmart's fault). As long as it passes safety inspection I don't really plan on replacing it. Great price on these tires. :thumbsup:
tiresnew.jpg

Wow! 1.5" I only picked up 1" going to my Grabber AT2's @ 255/70/16! Bring on the snow!!!!

Nate, the Ex is looking good. :eek:

for some reason those tires look bigger than 245's. and those mountains r amazing. and i cant wait for the snow here!!!!

I had the Ex up on stands for a couple of weeks while waiting to get the brakes sorted out, so now she's got alotted rotors all round and some good quality pads, which makes her pull up heaps better.
While i was at it i figured i'd make up a new tailpipe for her too, made it using a y-piece i cut off an old system off my Holden and put on two chrome tips i had laying around. I have preciously Decatted the system and replaced the centre muffler with a performance unit which gave it a nice note, but the tips seemed to have given it a bit more of a crackle and much more gurgling when slowing down. I love it lol

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

morziac those are some crazy lookin jack stands! what is used to hold up the x?

thats a sweet exhaust tip...correct me if im wrong but arent slotted rotors not as good as regular or cross drilled? did alot of research when ordering mine. alot of reviews and people say slotted wears down break pads down quicker and doesnt cool it off that much.. takin some of the metal away to allow cool air flow it doesn't alow enough. i order cross drilled rotors and had them for about 5 months and i do heavy breaking and i havent used up any of my pads :) friend had slotted rotors on his 2002 ranger and put them on same time as be and he just need new pads a couple of days ago.

Love that tailpipe that is so cool.
STU

tektoo2 - lol yeh i know mate , i shouldve got the part number for u while she was out of action , ill get it soon i promise haha

armysoldier30263 - they're just a screw type adjustable jack stand mate, they're actually rated to hold a small truck , they may just look a bit dodgt cause they were sitting on grass

fedyfedz - i think it all comes down to wat pads u use mate. also its not a race car so i feel theres no need to get drilled rotors and ive heard too many stories of the cracking between the holes. These slotted rotors make the ex pull up great too so if the sacrifice i have to pay is replacing pads more often than normal, so be it. ill be much more comfortable letting my missus drive it now knowing how well the brakes operate

stuartr - lol, thanks mate

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2003 xlt!!

CIMG0241.jpg

just bought for $6200 .........130,000 miles.... 4X4

Back