Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 47 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nice truck! I take it you're running a body lift and strut spacers? Those look like on 285s

Thanks! And you are correct sir 285/75/16 Goodyear Duratracs with 2.25" spacer in front, 1.75" in the rear And a 3" BL. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great looking ex mate, awesome video too. Looks like you were doing about 5 knots?:D

Quite the flood! :eek: As I can see the lift is really being put into good use! :thumbsup:
EDIT: Forgot to mention...good looking X. The wheels/rims look awesome!

Great looking ex mate, awesome video too. Looks like you were doing about 5 knots?:D

I guess I was going about that fast. LoL. The water in the vid was to the bottom of my running boards I went throught water that was over the tires in a different area but I was to nervious to try and film there. The wake I was pushing in front of the truck was up to the bug defelector. It is a funny feeling when an Explorer starts to float on you a little!

Sick!

Quite the flood! :eek: As I can see the lift is really being put into good use! :thumbsup:
EDIT: Forgot to mention...good looking X. The wheels/rims look awesome!
Yeah so far it was a good decision. Not everyone with a 4x4 was so lucky.
photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

This is pretty much a desert island but this was during a tropical storm and was the most rain here in the last 30 years. A lot of roads washed out. They don't really have a the infrastructure for that here.

You won't see that pic on hummer's website:D

EDIT: lynchywa: x2....hummer's great off-road capability...I bet if that was lifted it'd do great off-road and in floods too! But how many hummers go off-road? Not too many...

At least it was a Hummer....although I can guarantee they (the owners) weren't thinking that.

:D Going to need a big arsed tow truck to get that h3 out of the slop. They should parked on concrete!

That is a road. I think they might have been trying to avoid deeper water by driving closer to the wall on the shoulder. The problem is the shoulder there was dirt and it all washed out there was a sink hole just in that spot. but you couldn't see the sink hole from the water level. The best thing to me about the situation is the gift bow on the hood. That tells me it was a gift to either a young son/ daughter as a first car or a gift from husband to wife. Either way some one was driving it overconfidently.LOL;)

I didnt even notice that bow Jason! That makes it even worse :((for them) or funnier (for us).:D

I got board today stuck inside. Then the rain broke for a bit so I went out to play:exporange
SAM_4805.jpg

Korral Tabak Plantation built 1600s
SAM_4800.jpg

SAM_4804.jpg

SAM_4801.jpg

A view from Koraal Tabak 10 min from my house. Basicly my back yard
SAM_4803.jpg

SAM_4810.jpg

Sint Jorisbaai in the same area
SAM_4811.jpg

SAM_4806.jpg

SAM_4808.jpg

Its mostly clay back there a lot was under water or was to sketchy for me to be in by myself. But there is an MX track back there and an old air strip people use for drag racing and a go-cart track no one uses any more.
Mainly just hippy kite surfers some hikers and fishermen back there these days.

real pretty country...
I'd want to take my Ex for out there for some wheeling....looks like you have some nice off-road trails.

Yeah its not bad. A lot of the plants were introduced back during the slave trade to keep the slaves from escaping the plantations. there are some thorn bushes here that will flatten a tire and gouge your paint. The cactus were introduced also I believe. It can be very unforgiving out here if you heat lost in the heat of the day. The average summer temp is 95* 75% humidity.

A savage garden.

Much like your outback I imagine.

The outback is savage but your back yard is beautiful. But it depends on your point of view of course. I'm a big fan of rainforest but you cant beat the clear starry nights miles from nowhere either, now I'm confused:rolleyes:

but you cant beat the clear starry nights miles from nowhere either, now I'm confused:rolleyes:

Give me a few days of clear cold weather and I will post a pic of my Ex with the crappiest air quality you could ever imagine...

:D:D:DYeah mate I reckon the smog factor in Utah would have to be worse than L.A.:D:D:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow you're dinkum, I thought you were being sarky! Is that smog and not mist?

Back